Lovely

Tyler's POV
Her fingers are slim and short. I love them. She bites her nails I can feel it. We talked about our family. God her voice was perfect, it was like she just woke up, kind of husky and she had an accent like she's from New York, but not too strong. She put her head on my shoulder. Shampoo.... Hmmm if say melon. I eventually came back to the real world and had to go inside my house. Maybe my dad won't notice me and I can safely get upstairs. That didn't happen. I was greeted to a punch in my eye, I instantly couldn't see out of it. I didn't hear Bri's car leave. Shit. She saw it, she honked her horn I instantly thought maybe that means I should get in her car. I turned back to grab my things. Moms ukulele was smashed, I knew I shouldn't have ever let it outside. I left it there so I didn't start to cry in front of Bri. I was about to get in her car when a nerve in my body to me to do something unusual. "I love you dad" what? Why did I even do that? I got in the car and asked her to just take me anywhere. Get. Me. Out. She said she'd take me to her house. Deep inside I was nervous, but she was willing to help we, and that made me more than happy.
*****
We got to her house. It was cute and little. We walked in her front door and her mom was asleep on the couch. Br put a blanket over her. We walked upstairs and she lead me into the bathroom. She got a wash cloth and ran it under some cold water. "Ow, is it cut open?" She frowned "yeah doesn't look too good. We can go get it stitched up if you want?" I shook my head no "I'll be alright, I'm use to stuff like this." I could tell she didn't know what to say about that. I don't think a lot of people would know what to say. It was getting late and she was yawning a lot. Ive assumed she's not letting me go home tonight because she locked the door and went downstairs to tell her mom I was there. "Are you hungry at all?" I shook my head a little "not really, but thank you." She smiled "yeah, me neither, those tacos have filled me up."
We went up in her bedroom. There was posters everywhere. She sat on her bed and rolled on her side. She patted on the side next to her. "Sit down, let's watch a movie." I walked over and before I sat down I noticed a box with a photo of All Time Low on it. "That is a wicked box you have there!" She jumped "oh uhh yeah, it's nothing really." She sat up to grab it but accidentally knocked it over." A blade, pocket knife, lighter, and a bottle of pills poured out. "Oh that's nothi-" "Why?" I didn't know how else to respond but saying why. "Why do you have all these?" Who am I to ask anyway, it's not like Ive never done it. It's obvious that I have. "You saw my scars before. You know I do this." A tear ran down her face. I wiped it away with my thumb. "I know you did, I'm still in shock that you ever have." She looked at me right in the eye. No usual smile. She sat up for her bed and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped mind around her waist pulling her close. I never wanted to let go, she made me feel safe in her not so safe arms. We stood like this for about five minutes. Five amazing minutes. "Could we skip the movie? I'm really tired. "Of course we can, I'm pretty sleepy myself. Where can I sleep?" She pointed at her bed. "You can sleep there. And uh I'll sleep in my bean bag chair." I let out a little laugh. When she first pointed to the bed I thought we both would sleep there, I'll admit I kind of got excited. "If you insist, I don't want to kick you out of your own bed." She shrugged. "I really don't care." She went into her closet, and came back out in an oversized Arctic monkeys tee and black shorts. Her hair was up in a bun, I've never understood how girls can do their hair so well. She laid over on her bean bag surrounded by pillows. She curled up with a little blanket with Harry Potter on it. I turned off her light. "Goodnight Tyler, I hope you are feeling better" I smiled. "Goodnight Bri, and thank you." *****
I couldn't sleep. It was like 3:00 am and I wasn't asleep yet again. I slowly turned to her direction. She was beautiful web she slept, her lips puckered out and her eyes twitched. "Tyler.... Are thou awake. Could I come by you? I don't feel so good." I smiled and tried not to make it sound like I've been up for hours. "Oh yeah uh sure, I'll just move over." She shot up from the chair. "Thanks, I just felt lonely and scared. She jumped in the bed and snuggled up close to me. "There's nothing to be scared of okay? I'm here, I'll protect you." She turned towards me, I could see her face from the moon light, she poked me in the cheek "My hero" she said sarcastically. "Oh shut up." She laughed quietly so her sister wouldn't wake up in the next room "I'm being completely serious right now, you're my hero." I smiled, probably the most real smile I've ever done "And you're my princess." "What do you mean? I'm not a princess!" I looked at her in complete shock, my mouth dropped. "You've got to be kidding me, you are the fairest of them all." She shook her head. "Well thank you, but that's insane. I'm really tired though so let's talk in the morning." Before I knew it she was asleep, and I for once felt tired like really tired myself... That's not normal ever. Must be that thing about her, that amazing thing about her.