Chapter 5: Almost Confirmed

Adora followed Catra into the woods staying at a reasonable length. Suddenly Catra fell to her knees & held her head. Adora hid behind a tree & stuck her head out to watch. Catra then stood up & looked around. Adora's eyes widened & she started to tear up when she saw a red glow coming from Catra's eyes.

"It really is true," Adora muttered quietly. As soon as Adora said that Catra's ear flicked & she turned around. Adora gulped hoping Catra didn't see her. Once Catra was satisfied with her search she ran off. Adora followed behind wondering where she was going. Catra then arrived at the shore. 

"The only thing in that direction is-" Adora gasped softly at the realization.

"Salineas. Mermista!?" Adora said as she watched Catra take a step in the water. The second her foot touched the rim she jumped back hissing. Adora saw her eyes change back before emitting the same red glow from earlier.

"Stupid Cat body," Ca-Brightmare said holding up its hand. Brightmare snapped their fingers & a black cloud surrounded them before disappearing along with the creature. Adora's eyes widened before running back into the woods.

-----------

After the black cloud disappeared Brightmare (in Catra's body) appeared in Salineas. Brightmare smiled & ran inside avoiding being detected by any of Mermista's guards. After successfully sneaking past it stood at the side of her bed. Brightmare smiled & wrapped her up in ropes before teleporting out with the princess. Once the black cloud disappeared Brightmare ran towards its hideout. Little did they know that Adora was watching from behind a tree. Brightmare pulled the lever causing the water princess to wake up. Mermista struggled to break free from the ropes but eventually gave up when Brightmare dropped her on the floor of its hideout. After Brightmare turned around they heard water dripping. Brightmare simply snapped their fingers & turned around to see Mermista struggling to use her powers.

"Ugggggh, why isn't it working!" Mermista shouted in frustration.

"This place is magic resistant to you princesses." Brightmare spat the word princess.

"Damn, who knew Adora's girlfriend is a complete psychopath." Mermista said snatching a tea cup. Perfuma smiled at Mermista face after sipping her tea.

"Not bad Perfuma." She said giving the flower princess a thumbs up. Brightmare slapped their forehead before closing the hideout & running back to Brightmoon. After arriving Brightmare quickly left Catra's body causing the feline to fall. Catra quickly recovered & struggled to stand. Her vision had black spots in it & she started seeing double. Adora saw Catra struggling from behind & ran up to her ready to assist. The last thing Catra saw before blacking out was Adora's fearful face.

-----------

Catra sat up & took a look around. She was in Brightmoon alright but this wasn't their bed.

"Good your awake!" Adora said from beside the bed. Catra turned to face her girlfriend & smiled.

"Hey, Adora." Catra managed weakly. Adora softly hugged her & helped her leave the infirmary. 

"Catra I have a question." Adora said helping Catra sit down.

"Hm?"

"Where were you last night?" Catra opened her mouth but quickly shut it.

"I don't want to hear I was taking a walk because you passed out." Catra quickly started to think of something to say that's believable.

"I was meeting with a friend." Catra said putting on a fake smile. Adora being the dumb lesbian she is bought it.

Brightmare (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें