Chapter 2: The Legend

When Glimmer's teleportation was done they looked around for hours until it got dark. 

"Ugh! Where could she be?" Adora asked spotting trees in every area.

"I don't know? Somewhere near here?" Glimmer questioned looking around. 

"Maybe-" Bow got caught off by the sound of a guy screaming. Their heads snapped towards the direction of the sudden scream. 

"For the honor of Grayskull!" Adora yelled transforming into She-Ra. The trio ran towards the scream & found a man on the ground on the verge of dying. She-Ra got on her knees & held the man to her chest emitting a bright light. She-Ra looked up & saw a dark figure smiling in the shadows before running off. Once the light disappeared the man started coughed waking up from his could have been death. He looked at his blood on the grass then turned to face She-Ra & gave her a sad smile.

"Thank you." He said getting his breathing on track.

"What happened?" She-ra asked.

"I was looking for something & somebody attacked me in the woods." The man said shivering at the event.

"Did you see who it was?" She-Ra asked slightly nervous. Bow & Glimmer sensed her discomfort & put a comforting hand on each of her shoulders.

"It was too dark but I saw red eyes." She-Ra started to think of who could have red eyes.

"Maybe the legend is true." The man muttered.

"Legend? What legend?" She-Ra asked disrupting her train of thought.

"The legend of Brightmare?" The man asked to see if it rung a bell to her. She-Ra turned around to face Bow & Glimmer. Bow shrugged & Glimmer did a maybe sign still confused.

"Explain to me the legend Mr.?"

"Ace Beckett." Ace answered. 

"Legend says that a creature named Brightmare haunts the body of a soul every 100 years for a week. That person does some seriously shady shit." Ace said as the trees leaves brustled against the wind.

"Anything else?" Glimmer asked.

"When Brightmare controls them they get red eyes that glow in the dark. It only comes out at night so the person it possesses always leaves around midnight. Legend also has it that Brightmare has a secret hideout in the whispering woods." She-Ra's emotions were blended better than a smoothie causing her to transform back to Adora.

"Catra..." Adora muttered her eyes filling with tears. Adora wiped her tears then helped Ace up & he thanked them going about his business.

"Adora we don't know for sure." Bow said pulling Adora into a hug. Glimmer joined the hug soon after.

"Yeah & even if it is her we'll handle it, its only for a week." Glimmer added. Adora nodded & they separated.

"Can you take us back to Brightmoon Glimmer?" Adora asked facing her friend. Glimmer nodded & grabbed both hands teleporting out of the woods.

-----------

Catra looked down at the person in front of her surrounded by blood. She heard noise & walked into the shadows spotting She-Ra, Bow & Glimmer confronting the almost dead man. She-Ra looked at her direction & she smiled before running off. Catra ran into the direction of the place she went last time. After following the path & pulling the lever she walked inside. She pushed the button on the side closing the door & then collapsed to the ground. She started holding her head in agony while on her knees. Suddenly the pain went away & she looked up & saw a shadow creature.

"Who are you & how did I get here. I was just at Brightmoon." She muttered the last part looking around. The creature laughed before flying towards her.

"I am Brightmare & you are the lucky soul who I get to possess." The creature laughed devilishly. Catra sighed in defeat.

"Wait but what about Adora?"

"That was me." Brightmare said in Adora's voice.

"I have that power!" Brightmare said laughing once again.

"Theres no getting out of this is there?" The creature stopped laughing & looked at her confused.

"Wait what?"

"Did I stutter?" Catra said crossing her arms.

"N-no its just that people are like, 'nooo but there has to be another way!'" Brightmare said fake fainting.

"Well they should just accept that its there fate." Catra said rolling her eyes at its performance.

"Well yeah, sorry I'm, just not used to that answer." Brightmare started laughing but quickly stopped because of it sounding human. Brightmare cleared its throat.

"I need to get my mojo back hang on." Brightmare said continuing to clear its throat.

"You have to get your mojo back." Catra said snickering.

"S-shut up!" Brightmare said finishing.

"Now I have a task for you." Catra lifted an eyebrow.

"I want you to steal Bow's arrow's." Catra gasped.

"How do you know their names." Catra said slowly backing up from fear.

"I have access to your memories." Brightmare foated straight in front of her face & put its hands on her cheeks.

"See you soon." Brightmare said as Catra blacked out.

Someone reeeeeeally liked this story so I'll post the second chapter early!