Chapter 1

Pic above is Luna, Kumiko's Exceed, just imagine her with red eyes—->

Kumiko's P. O. V:

Explosions rock the building as I slash my sword at the dark wizards, taking them out with barely any enchantments. As the current member drops to the floor, I turn to face the last member, the guild master himself, with a steely expression, my Dragon Excalibur sword, Crystalia, gripped in both hands.

"B-But this isn't p-possible! How can you wipe out the entire Triad guild by yourself?!" The guild master stutters fearfully, trembling. I just stare at him with an icy gaze.

"I don't need my Crystal Dragon Slayer Magic in order to defeat the likes of you," I seethe, lifting my sword and making the edge of the blade glint.

(Kumiko's sword, when it's unsealed—->)

Recognition flares in his eyes as he gasps, "Y-You! You're Th-The Shinning Crystal!"

"And I'm going to be the one who takes you down!" I declare before charging at him. The man tries to block my next swing, but he wasn't fast enough. With a cry of exertion, I swing my sword across and it slashes his stomach. He cries out as he topples to the floor, hitting it with a heavy thump.

I hood my sapphire blue eyes as I seal up my sword again and release it with a soft golden glow.

"Well, it looks like you didn't need my help at all, Kumi-chan," A female voice says, causing me to turn. A small black cat with red eyes wearing a pink shirt and skirt with a matching coloured ribbon in her tail, and pink shoes on her feet approaches me. She stops and gazes around.

"I knew they'd be easy to handle," I reply, shrugging my shoulders. I'm wearing a black skirt with a long sleeved red turtleneck, and knee high black combat boots on my feet. My Exceed Luna and I had just taken a job to wipe out the dark guild The Triad. They were a small dark guild, and I knew it wouldn't take much to defeat them. Especially since I'm an S-class wizard and Wizard Saint, ranked 7th, right after Master Makarov and Jura Neekis.

"Well, I'll contact the Magic Council to come and round these guys up, and we can head home," I state. Luna nods.

                                ~~~

I sigh as Luna and I walk through a bustling city.

It's been a year since the strongest of Fairy Tail's members disappeared, along with Tenrou Island. We'd spent that time searching for them, and the others guilds, as well as the Magic Council, even helped us search for them for sometime. Everyone else seems to have given up hope of their return, but I haven't. Macao has even stepped in as the fourth guild master, something which I never thought I'd get to see.

My heart tells me that they're out there somewhere. And we'll find them and bring them home.

Being the only remaining S-class wizard, I took on a lot of S-class jobs, and many others. But it just wasn't enough to keep the guild running.

"Hm?" I pause when I hear crying, tilting my head curiously to the side.

I follow the sound, Luna hurrying to catch up with me. After pushing our way through the crowd, we come upon a small Exceed. It was green and wearing a pink frog suit with black polka dots on it. I walk over to it and squat down in front of the Exceed. "Why are you crying?" I ask softly.

"Fro is crying because Fro lost Rogue!" The Exceed, now dubbed Fro, sobs, looking up at me with dark, wet eyes, tears pouring down his cheeks.

Awwweee! He's so adorable!

I smile gently at Fro as I offer, "Well, Fro, if you'd like, we can help you find Rogue?"

"Really?! You will?!" He asks with hope shining in his eyes.

I nod as I reply, "Of course! My name is Kumiko Kurisutaru, by the way, and that's my Exceed Luna!" I point to the black female Exceed.

Luna smiles as she says to Fro, "Hello Fro! It's nice to meet you!"

"Fro thinks so, too!" Fro chimes as I ice him up and straighten, turning to start looking for this Rogue guy.

"Now, then, let's see if we can find Rogue," I murmur.

~~~

It's been probably nearly two hours since we started our search for Rogue. As we did, Fro told me what he looked like.

"Geez, where could he be?" I mutter, sighing. Almost as soon as I ask that, a frantic male voice shouts from nearby.

"FROSCH!! WHERE ARE YOU?!!"

Frosch immediately perks up at the voice, and I turn to see a man with short dark hair, thick bangs that cover the right side of his face, and a Katana at his left hip. Yep. That looks like Rogue.

"FROSCH!!" Rogue calls again. When he turns in my direction, I pause and see the panic and worry on his face. Rogue gasps when he spots Frosch in my arms. Relief replacing the worry on his face, Rogue rushes over and takes Frosch out of my arms, hugging him close to his chest. "There you are, Frosch! I was so worried about you!"

I smile at this, happy and relieved that they're reunited.

Rogue looks back at me and says gratefully, "Thank you, for helping us find Frosch." He then takes in my appearance, a light blush on his cheeks.

'He's really cute,' I think.

"My name is Rogue Cheney, and this is my partner, Frosch," Rogue introduces. He then points to a boy about our age with spiky blonde hair and cerulean blue eyes, a maroon coloured Exceed with him. "The blonde is Sting Eucliffe, and that's Lector."

I smile as I introduce, "I'm Kumiko Kurisutaru, and this is my Exceed, Luna."

Sting's and Rogue's eyes widen with recognition at my name. Sting says, "You're The Shinning Crystal?! We've heard so much about you!"

"Oh?"

Sting smirks as he asks cockily, "Surely you've heard of the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth, right? We're the best Dragon Slayers out there!"

"Uh, no, I haven't heard of you," I reply in a blunt tone, not liking this guy's cockiness.

Sting deflates at that, and pouts, crossing his arms.

'He kinda reminds me a bit of Natsu-kun, but a lot more mean," I think, immediately thinking we're not going to get along that well.

Lector comes over to Luna and says, grinning, "H-Hi, Luna-chan! It's nice to meet you!"

Luna smiles as she replies, "Likewise, Lector-kun." She holds out a paw and Lector shakes it.

"Anyway, I'm really glad I was able to help you find Frosch, but Luna and I have to get going," I say, smiling back at Rogue.

"Can I see you again, Kumiko-chan?" Rogue asks hopefully.

"Who knows? Maybe. And, you guys can just call me Kumi-chan, if you'd like," I say.

Rogue nods, smiling back at me. Just as I'm about to leave, Sting glances from me to Rogue and a teasing smirk appears on his lips. "Oooh! You like her!" Sting says, making Rogue blush a bit more, and me to blink in surprise as I blush as well.

Rogue glares at the blonde, but he remains unfazed.

"Well, goodbye Rogue-kun! Sting!" I call as I quickly turn and leave, Luna hurrying to catch up with me.

'I truly hope I get to see Rogue again,' I think as Luna and I make our way home, to Magnolia, and as I walk away, I can feel Rogue gazing after me.