Tendou x Depressed!Reader

Title: “Just keep smiling.”

Angst

Warning(s): Self harm, suicide attempt, blood, abuse and cursing

Requested by andiegcarpio216! Hope you like it!

°•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

M/n's POV

I only had 1 rule to follow in life and 1 rule only, having to keep smiling, even if it hurts the most. I was somewhat a normal student in Shiratorizawa, I had good grades, basically friends with everyone in my class but some outside of it hate me with a passion, reason for that? Absolutely nothing.

They just looked at me for the first time and immediately thought, hmm why not break this little boy, it seems like fun! And thats what they did, broke me in so many ways possible, physically, mentally, you name it! And after that one hell of a ride, I would just continue on with my day like normal, by normal I mean by forcing a smile even if I wanted to curl up in a ball, waiting for someone to understand and help me instead of me doing it for everyone else.

And when it's night, I just cry my problems away, cutting is also another way for me to let out some steam, each time I go home, I would always be greeted by the disgusting scent of alcohol. My mom was an alcoholic, she started to drink alcohol when my dad decided to leave us for another woman. It hurt me and my mom, but it made a bigger impact on my mom to the point that she would drown herself in alcohol and let all her anger out on me.

Punch me, hit me, slap me and kick me, but at the end of the night, she would always apologize with tear filled eyes, guilty for her actions and I  would end up forgiving her. She still showed me that she loved me in many ways, night time is just dark times for me and her. I can tell she didn't enjoy hurting me, I can see right through her like glass. I didn't really hate my mom, I just felt extreme pity for her and extreme hatred towards my father for turning her this way.

I sighed and kicked a rock, enough for that depressing back story now, shall we? I walked down the path towards Shiratorizawa, seeing many students talking to each other while smiling, some waving in my direction and I would wave back with a wide grin. My forearm stinging slightly when I outstretched my arm, but I still kept a smile.

I then heard footsteps approaching me at a fast pace, I snapped my head towards my back and winced when someone wrapped their arm around my neck. My neck still slightly aching from the night before.

I faked a smile, "Oh, hey Satori!" I greeted while giggling, he grinned from ear to ear, "Sooo, how is you doin'?" He asked while snickering, I continued to walk with him while laughing slightly, "I'm doing great, how about you, Satori?" I asked while playing with my hands, a habit of mine to show that I'm slightly nervous.

I had a small crush on my best friend for the longest time. But he usually hangs out more with Wakatoshi, which is kinda heart breaking since we've been friends for 6 years, plus he's been busy with volleyball lately so I don't really blame him for hanging out with Wakatoshi.

We continued to walk until we reached Shiratorizawa, seeing some of my classmates waving in our direction to which I waved back. I entered the school and pulled away from Satori with a small smile, "Well, I gotta head to class! See you at lunch?" I giggled as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Hell yeah!" He then ran off while waving.