Seventh Life ✦ Darker than Blanc

Start from the beginning

"I thought you'd never asked," Ronan's eyes sparkled at the thought of his father telling the story, because quite frankly he's the more rational and believable between the two. Mom might exaggerate the story.

Though... All hopes were dashed when dad placed both hands on his wife's shoulder. "Ronan, dearest. I'm getting the impression that your mom is dying to tell you the story of how we met. Now then if you'll excuse me-."

"Hey!" She protested loudly, while pulling her husband back by his sleeve. "I never said that! Get back here you dummy!"

"Lord I just asked one question why are my parents like this?" Ronan groaned in exasperation, looking at the ceilings above. Aquila Scaarsberg, the annoying git, and Winona Violett had both been bragging about the glorious story on how their parents met. For an hour Ronan just sat there listening to their ramblings....... wondering how he never asked his parents their story.

It's kinda curious, how two people who are so opposite of each other even managed to get married. He never wondered before because all his life they'd been married already, and they seemed so used to each other.

It's weird imagining dad, without mom. If the man was left to his own devices he might have planned world damnation or something similar. But since he's with mom right now, he's too occupied to start world damnation.

And now that he did ask for their story, he kinda wonders if he would even want to know.

"We met at public school," His father surprisingly spoke up, with a wistful smile on his face. "Though we didn't really get to interact until sophomore year."

"No, no- it was junior year!" His mom countered. "Remember, I almost made you fail Basic Chemistry? and you look ready to knife me in my sleep!"

"Do I even want to know?" Ronan asked, running a hand through his face. His parents stared at each other's eyes with matching smiles on their faces. They would've made a pretty picture, if only Ronan didn't know the meaning behind their smiles.

They look as if they were planning a conspiracy or perhaps sharing an inside joke. He knows that look from their faces, it's either they're planning to build something up or burn someone down. Ronan knows, because he has that same expression too. It was in that moment he realized, that he probably doesn't want to even know how the hell his parents even met.

"Right, that happened," His father snapped his fingers. "It was Cultures class and- "

///////

Vile Blood, Chapter 50

"Nia, just go, go in the capsule," Harrold Cynesige ordered, while gripping her shoulders with a pained expression on his face. He hastily buckled her seatbelts with shaking hands, arm dripping blood from the grotesque bite that should have been hers.

"But Hal!" She grabbed the collar of his shirt in a desperate grip. "We're supposed to do this together!"

Harrold shook his head morosely. "I'm as good as dead-"

"Then I'm staying here!" She protested loudly.

"Harmonia, Please, please save yourself. From me. I'm turning- sooner or later-." His tears fell down in a heavy stream, the edges of his eyes slowly turning red. Harrold pulled away from her. "There's no safe place here anymore. We lost entire cities. Seoris is a monster's den. Adrimore's burning. It's a total black hole out there. Only you can go back, before everything burns in hell."

He closed the capsule from the outside, in a heavy clack. His moss green eyes were scoring through the control panels, while pressing colorful buttons.

10
She was bawling desperately, while at the same time, outside of the room, those creatures were banging, desperately trying to tear down the measly door.

9
She remembered the peaceful days with her best friends, eating icecream with Harrold and Georgia.

8
Georgia turned off the news, about people displaying eccentric violent behavior at Adrimore.

7
Whatever's making people go crazy in Adrimore, whatever that is, it's here now. Harmonia was standing in the middle of pandemonium, people running for their lives and the town burning.

6
Harrold grabbed her hand, and they made a run for it. Where to, she does not know.... but she knows one thing-

5
As long as she's with him, they'll overcome this hell together.

4

"Harrold, do you hear me?" It was his father's voice through the phone. Harrold's father works with international police. "We have a lead-"

3
Harrold turned to face her, the sclera of his eyes turning blood red and his green hues beginning to get enveloped by a thin layer of white.

"Harrold!"

She began pounding harder on the door.

"I ..." Harrold mouthed, while pointing at himself... as she can't hear him from within the capsule. "Love you." He formed a heart through his mottled hands, before pointing a finger at her.

She cried harder, heart breaking into pieces.

2
This was a special project by Harrold Cynesige's diseased grandfather- Dr. William Di Lorenzo. Harrold practically hero worships that man, and planned to be a teacher slash scientist to succeed him instead of succeeding his father in the criminal busting industry.

Time Travel.

They never knew if it was going to work, it was a snowball's chance in hell. And in hell, Harmonia Sotiria and Harrold Cynesige would make their bet on that measly snowball. That's why they risked their lives travelling to Dr. Di Lorenzo's private estate near the Adrina Sea.

Which coincidentally was already swarming with the undead by the time they managed to get there.

It was an unfinished project. She could literally die from this if she doesn't end up zombie first.

She stared at Harrold for the last time through her tears, before she felt her body breaking apart, and tossed decades back to where this all started.

1

Back into the arms of that one man who turned everything to hell.

.

.

.

Dr. Thaddeus Rosovsky.

The man who cheated death, by bringing the undead from hell to walk the lands of the Earth.

//////

Author's Note:

Well.... Shit. I used to write sappy romance dramas but what happened to me?! I started writing despotic worlds and criminal worlds. I don't even like action or hopelessness and zombies!

Grrr. Wellp, this is their seventh life. I'm wondering if I should start with the seventh life, or the first life. But oh well. I could always just unpublish this ╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭