I needed to engage in an activity that would calm me down. I really did. But, the problem with this was that the very thing that could calm me down, was the very thing I was getting worked up over.  Dimitri.

I was clearing the kitchen table whilst Tia was wiping the island clean. I gave her a hug from behind and she immediately knew that something was wrong. The kind of thing that is only possible when someone knows you all too well.

"You have been silent lately." She stated as I climbed onto the bar stool.

"I think I just have to get used to this place."I mumbled.

"Is that all, princess?" She questioned as she held up my chin with her hand.

"Yes."I lied.

There was no way in hell that I was going to admit that I had been distant because I felt attracted to Dimitri. How sick would she think that I am?

A few more days and you won't have to see him again...

It was almost eleven at night and I was laying in bed, admiring the rainy sky as I listened to my music.

Beep, beep

My phone buzzed through the music. I held my phone above my face to see a notification of a message— a message from Tobias. I immediately sat up. My heart bounced hard in its place. I locked my phone only to once again unlock it and I then opened the message.

Tobias:
Lunch tomorrow?

I tapped my fingers against the phone. I was certain that I would enjoy his company. Physically he looked great, there was absolutely no doubt about that. Tall, he was at least 6'2, a little bit skinnier than Dimitri. Blue eyes, dirty blond hair, the perfect look to play Ken in a barbie movie.  It was his strong personality that scared me. He seemed like the type of person you randomly meet somewhere and the first thing that pops into your mind when you see this person is that they could ruin your life if you let them. Much like....

Dimitri? No stop! stop comparing...

I locked my phone without replying and went back to listening to music, only to have to pause the song yet once again.

"Come in."I turned my head to the knocking on the door.

Marissa walked in with chips and ice cream. I smiled as I sat up and pulled out my earpiece.

"The week went by so fast, I'm—" She shook her head and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time—" She jumped onto the bed.

"No, no it's okay." I gulped. "I know you have work and everything."

We both exhaled before embracing each other in a hug.

"Can't you stay any longer? Forever?" She asked as she pulled away.

I shook my head with a small smile. "I have my own life now. I- I have a few friends I haven't seen in a while, I—" I took my lower lip between my teeth. "But, you can always come to visit and maybe— maybe I can come here too. Sometime in the future."

"Come to work with me tomorrow. I know it isn't exactly partying but we still get to spend time together?"

 I wanted my questions answered and this was the only opportunity I saw to do so which is why I agreed. The rest of the night we laid in bed and watched a random chickflick as we dug into the ice cream, leaving the chips untouched.

Marissa left somewhat after twelve after which I fell asleep. The next day I woke up around seven to her barging into my room, carrying a dress which she laid out on the ottoman before leaving the room again. Whilst yawning I got up and made my way to the bathroom to shower after which I got changed. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. I looked so different, so grown up and mature.