08 | M

Mattia

I woke up to my phone going off like crazy. Five missed calls and twelve messages all from just one person. The person I was trying to avoid. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched as one more notification popped up before I reached for my phone. I knew from the beginning that avoiding her would not work but addressing the problem would not have worked either.

If it were up to me I would have ended everything long ago, but every time I tried I failed. It would either be because of business or pleasure. Mostly both.

I needed a plan, a good one. One that would not backfire and one that was not too complicated, but everything that had to do with my relationship with Gia was complicated.

Whilst brushing my teeth I worked on a plan. To say that it was a good one would be a lie, but it would work. Gia and I had been doing this on and off thing for almost three years. One more week of good sex and the toxicity that came after that would not hurt.

I knew I needed a distraction the moment the thought of being with Nuelle crossed my mind. The images I had formed in my mind were mind blowing, but that was all they could be. Images.

How are we going to get this crazy bitch to act normal again?

I unlocked and locked my phone at least three times before I opened her messages and replied. Within seconds of sending it she replied, saying that she could not wait to spend the day with me.

I looked at the time, it was around eight am and I knew that Marco would head out to work during this time around. Without thinking twice I made my way out to the living room. Luckily, I caught him just in time only to see Nuelle walking with him.

I quietly groaned at myself. Marco was quick to ask me if I was not going to work. I did not want to go into details of why I was taking the day off. The first thing that came to mind was to tell him that I wanted to relax even though I knew that my siblings would ask more question regarding this matter.

Whilst talking to Marco I noticed Nuelle staring at the ground. She had an innocent look on her face but I could tell that she was deep in her thoughts. I tried to give Marco my full attention until I noticed that her eyes were now on me. She was nervously dragging her eyes up my body. Luckily Marco was so focused on what he was saying that he did not notice the smirk on my face.

I purposely ran my rights hand through my hair, pushing it back, knowing that it would put my arm on display. Nuelle took the bait and as she slowly moved her eyes from my torso to my face I let our eyes meet for a quick second which made her abort her mission.

I was in the mood to see her get flustered and blush so I added to the embarrassment she was obviously already feeling by asking if she was okay. I clenched my teeth to control my laughter whilst I watched her answer my question way too quickly and then turn towards Marco to ask him about breakfast. The moment they had walked away I started to chuckle to myself.

I returned to my room to wear a shirt before I too headed downstairs. By the time I reached the kitchen they were already having breakfast with Tia and Marissa. Marissa did not waste any time in asking me about my day off.

I managed to get her to stop asking questions about it before I had poured myself a cup of coffee and leaned against the kitchen island to watch them. Not long after she excused herself. Before she left she once again told Nuelle that they were going out that night, only making me tighten the grip I had on the mug.

I am not dismissing the fact that I can get possessive when I like something or someone, but for the sake of my dysfunctional family I knew that I had to dismiss the idea of having any kind of interest in Nuelle. Gia would help me with that, this I was more than sure off.