Chapter 11: Remember me

Two days passed and I became good friends with those girls after partying with them. We hung out daily and it made me feel less lonely. We took a couple of fun pictures together and I sent some of them to Sarah. She was happy that I was having fun, though I felt bad that she wasn't by my side.

Daniel was on the road to recovery and Sarah was relieved about it. She was planning on telling him the truth about her cheating on him once he was released from the hospital. I understood her decision because he deserved to know the truth and I knew the guilt weighed heavily on her mind. I just hoped that they would work it out somehow and not break up.

Tonight the girls had dragged me to yet another party. We were having fun when we noticed a cute guy staring at me. It was quite obvious. The girls encouraged me to go and talk to him, but I have had enough of boys' drama so I ignored it.

The girls and I danced together and soon I was a little tipsy due to the delicious cocktails this club served. That cute guy from earlier walked over to us and asked me to dance with him. I agreed because I was tipsy and girls pushed me to live a little.

We ended up dancing to a couple of songs and laughed our heads off. His name was Thomas and he was a fun guy. I felt happy because for once I didn't worry about the past or the future but lived in the moment.

After a while, I craved some fresh air after all that dancing and Thomas joined me.

"I had so much fun with you tonight, Anna! Do you want to head over to my place?"

"I had fun too but I don't think that's a good idea."

"Oh come on, Anna! I know you like me," he said with a mischievous wink.

"I do like you but as a friend. I don't want anything serious."

"Okay, I understand. Friendzoned," he sighed but then a smirk curved his lips.

Half an hour later, I felt tired and told the girls that I was heading back to the hotel. Thomas accompanied me because he didn't want me to take a cab alone at this time of the night. I was grateful for that.

"Can I use your bathroom? I think I've had too many beers," he chuckled when the cab dropped us at my hotel.

"Yeah sure," I giggled and led him up to my hotel room.

"I feel so much better!" he exclaimed after he had emptied his bladder.

He came and took a seat next to me on the couch. I felt a bit awkward because I thought he would leave after using the bathroom. Maybe I was being paranoid. I smiled at him but the smile was wiped off my face when he placed a hand on my thigh.

"Thomas, what are you doing?" I asked and removed his hand. Then I got up and said, "You should go."

"But babe, isn't this what you wanted?" he asked mischievously and pulled me to him.

"Thomas, please leave," I said annoyed.

"Come on, babe! You were flirting with me all night," he grinned and leaned in.

"Thomas, no!" I shouted as he tried to kiss me. "Please stop, I don't want this!"

He didn't listen, however. I tried to fight him off but he held both of my hands tightly in his. I was sure I would have bruises on my wrists. I tried to kick him but he threw me on the couch and got on top of me. His body weight made it impossible for me to move from underneath him.

I started to hyperventilate due to panic. My heart pounded loudly in my chest as tears pricked my eyes. I wanted to scream but he put his hand on my mouth to shut me up. I was struggling to breathe but Thomas didn't give a damn and pulled my dress up.