Chapter 1: Paris

♦♦♦

Hello, lovelies!

This was the first story I have ever written (back in October 2014 on instagram) so please bear with the basic structure and storyline :) This story has been edited so it's much better than it used to be. I hope you will enjoy it.
Please don't forget to vote and comment!!! ♥

Check out my other Neymar fanfics with improved writing skills ;)

♦♦♦

My name is Anna and I'm 20 years old. I'm quite ordinary in the sense that I'm not the model type with the perfectly toned figure. People have told me that I look beautiful though, but I don't see myself that way if I'm being honest. I didn't hate the way I looked, but I didn't love it either. It probably had something to do with my past.

I have been single for over 2 years because my last boyfriend cheated on me with a good friend of mine. She was prettier than me and I guess he felt more attracted to her than to me after he met her at a party. My heart broke into pieces when I found out about their betrayal. They had both let me down in the worst way imaginable and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I removed myself from their lives to be able to move on and it honestly took me a long time to get over him.

Ever since that betrayal, I find it hard to trust guys. I'm afraid of getting hurt again. Fortunately, I have some nice friends in my life now. They are either in a relationship or engaged though. That makes me feel lonely sometimes. I wished to meet my special guy someday too. I doubted I would find him with my trust issues and insecurity, however. My ex had ruined me in a way and I hated him for it.

I was glad to have Sarah in my life. She was my best friend and I trusted her with my life. According to her, I shouldn't be worried about boys. She believed that the right guy would step into my life at the right moment.

She and I had recently finished college and decided to do a little trip around Europe. Our first stop was going to be Paris since we both had never been there and everyone raved about the City of Love. I have always wanted to visit Paris with that special someone, but unfortunately not all our dreams come true. But hey, I didn't need that special someone to enjoy Paris, right?

...

"The plane is about to land in Paris Anna!" Sarah squealed.

"Already? Oh damn, 2.5 hours passed that fast huh," I groaned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"You are such a sleepyhead!" she chuckled.

After getting off the plane, we waited for our luggage at the baggage claim. Once we had grabbed our stuff, we took a cab to our hotel.

"I'm so hungry and it's almost 7 pm so let's go out for dinner?" Sarah asked.

"Let me take a quick shower and get changed first."

"Okay, but hurry up!"

I took a refreshing shower and grabbed my small bag where I had kept my undergarments and such. I put my hand inside the bag and shrieked out loud.

"Why are you holding a pair of boxer shorts in your hand?!" Sara frowned when I ran out of the bathroom like a crazy person.

"This isn't my bag!" I yelled in panic.

Sarah frowned and followed me inside the bedroom. She took the bag I was referring to and went through it. It was filled with men's underwear and snapbacks.

"I think you got the wrong bag at the airport hun. This bag looks almost identical to yours, but this one has red pockets and yours doesn't," she concluded after examining it.

I called the airport immediately. I told them that my bag had been switched with someone else's. They asked if I knew the identity of the owner of that bag, but all I could tell them was that the owner's initials were NJR. It was written on some of the snapbacks. There were no name tags.

The airport wasn't able to help me, but they told me they would notify me if someone else reported similar luggage missing. I told Sarah that it was better to stay in tonight and order something to eat instead of going out because I wasn't planning on wearing my dirty underwear again.

"Don't worry, I will go shopping in the morning and get you new undergarments Anna," Sarah said.

"Thanks, Sarah. I just hope they will find my luggage," I sighed.

[ The next morning ]

The only thing the airport personnel could tell me the next day was that someone else took my luggage.

"Idiots!" I cursed under my breath after ending the call.

I had packed in a rush, thus I had totally forgotten about putting a name tag on my bag. I guessed the person who took my bag had forgotten it as well.

At the end of the day, I decided to let it rest. I couldn't do much about it. And I wanted to enjoy our trip instead of fussing about my bag.

...

It was a very hot day today in Paris. Sarah and I visited a couple of the famous museums and historical buildings first. Then we wanted to climb up the Eiffel tower, but we felt tired and decided to do that tomorrow.

After having a refreshing nap, we got dolled up and had dinner before going to a famous club the receptionist of our hotel had suggested.

The atmosphere inside the club called La Revolution was great. We had a lot of fun dancing to the music the deejay was spinning.

Two delicious cocktails later, I went to order us new ones while Sarah went to use the bathroom. I placed the order at the bar and watched the waiter mix our cocktails. I have never succeeded in making decent cocktails so far in my life. My train of thought was interrupted by someone bumping into my shoulder.

 My train of thought was interrupted by someone bumping into my shoulder

♦♦♦

Please don't forget to vote and comment!!! ♥

Edited 12/01/2021