Chapter 9: Baggage claim

I rolled down the privacy window and asked the driver to stop the limousine. He pulled the car to the side of the road and I got out. I had no clue about our current location or where I was going to go but I walked as fast as my shaky legs could take me. I heard Neymar get out of the limo and chase after me.

"Anna, wait! Where are you going? We are in another city, please stop!"

I ignored him and walked faster but he was a professional football player thus he caught up to me in seconds. He got hold of my arm and spun me around.

"Let me go!" I protested, trying to pull my arm free from his grip.

"Anna, listen please!"

"You planned all of this to seduce me! This is all one big game to you, isn't it?" I yelled, panic hitting me. Tears welled up in my eyes as those words left my lips.

"No! It's not like that. I...I didn't...I-"

"You know I'm dating Marc. Why did you do this to me?" I cried harder and buried my face in my hands. My shoulders shook as I sobbed. I felt horrible for kissing Neymar back.

What the fuck got over me at that moment?

Neymar pulled me into his chest. I tried to fight him but he was stronger than me so I gave up my weak attempts. He wrapped his arms around my trembling body and let me cry against his chest.

"Please stop crying, Anna. I can't bear to see you like this," he whispered as he stroked my hair gently to comfort me.

"Take me back," I choked out.

The walk back to the limousine was quiet but the air between us was tense. None of us said a word on the drive back to the hotel.

I was a shaking mess when I tried to get out of the limo. He offered me a hand and though I did not want to take it, I had to accept his support.

He brought me up to my hotel room and made sure to put me to bed. It was very kind of him but it only made the guilt I felt worse.

...

I squinted my eyes to take a glance at my phone when I heard it vibrate the next morning. It was a notification of a news update. I ran my hand through my messy hair and clicked on the notification. It took me right to the news app.

"Neymar Jr., the famous Brazilian football star, is finally dating someone! Who is this mysterious girl?"

I was completely freaking out after I finished reading the short article. It had a couple of intimate-looking pictures of Neymar and me.

I ran into Sarah's room and woke her up. I didn't let her speak and confessed everything that happened last night with Neymar. I was full-on panicking because I never expected that last night's events would be splashed all over the internet like this.

"Why the hell didn't you wake me before going to that date blindly?" Sarah asked angrily.

"I...I didn't want to bother you and I thought it was Marc. I was so excited, thinking it was a romantic date that Marc had planned for us."

"But then you found out it was Neymar and you still ended up kissing him? I thought you hated him, Anna? What am I missing here?" she frowned with her hands on her hips.

Before I could answer her, there was a loud knock on our door. Sarah and I glanced at each other in confusion.

"I will see who it is," Sarah said and went to open the door.

An enraged Marc stormed into the room, pushing Sarah out of the way. He looked furious and it was a scary sight because I had never seen Marc like this before. My thoughts got shattered when he threw a magazine in my face. Neymar and I were featured on the cover page.