Chapter 8: Sealed with a kiss

"Tell me what's going on. Maybe I can help," I said.

"I don't know. There's the thing with my ex and then there is..." he didn't finish his phrase.

"What?"

He crawled under the sheets next to me instead of replying to my question.

"I never gave you permission to do that," I gasped and shot him a glare.

"Shush. Let's sleep."

"But this is wrong," I protested.

"How is this wrong? I'm not raping you okay? I won't even lay a finger on you. I just don't want to sleep alone tonight."

I didn't know what to say at first but then I let out a sigh. "Fine, good night."

"Good night."

I wasn't able to fall asleep as it felt too weird to be sleeping in the same bed as Neymar. Who would have thought that I would end up sleeping next to the very jerk I had hated so much?

I laid awake for a long time until my eyes eventually closed of their own accord due to exhaustion.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, I found Neymar cuddled up against me. One of his arms was wrapped around me. I wanted to remove it but I also didn't want to wake him up so I let it be and let sleep take me again.

A warm kiss on my cheek woke me up the next morning. "Good morning," he said with an angelic smile.

"Morning," I grumbled with squinted eyes.

How could one be so cheerful in the morning?

"Thanks for letting me sleep here last night. I feel a lot better."

"You didn't give me much choice," I groaned.

"You know you liked it," he winked playfully at me.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!!!"

"DID TOO!!!"

He then started to tickle me and I was a squealing mess. I was a very ticklish person and I hated that. I tickled him back and soon he was sitting on top of me to prevent me from tickling him. He held my arms down as I tried to fight him.

The sudden noise of my door opening made us both freeze. Marc stared at us in disbelief. "What the hell is going on here?" he shouted through clenched teeth.

"Marc, it's not what it looks like. We were just-"

He was gone before I had the chance to finish my sentence. Neymar got off of me with a blank expression and stared at the opened door. Then he left my room without saying another word.

After taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth, I changed into a casual outfit and went to look for Marc. I couldn't find him anywhere inside the beach house. I had a strange feeling he might be at the beach and went to look there next.

I found him sitting on a rock at the beach all by himself. He was glancing at the ocean with a sad expression.

"Hi Marc," I said softly and walked to him.

He didn't respond and continued to stare at the water.

"Marc, please let me explain everything you saw earlier," I said in the hope he would listen to what I had to say.

"What is there to say? I am gone for a few days and you sleep with Neymar? You never even let me inside your bedroom," he exclaimed but he didn't look me in the eyes.