-Chapter 3- Stuck in a Vamp Nest

Lyric tugged lightly on my chain bringing me down the hall that had a lot of different rooms. This place smelled different, like rust and blood (which is a vampire’s scent), Vanilla and woods (a werewolf’s scent) and even a bit of soap and flower petals (which is a human’s scent). Lyric led me to a door that led to a staircase. The stairs opened up into an area like the lobby of a hotel. The walls were painted a light yellow color while the floor looked like it was made of pure gold. The crystal chandelier hung above the grand staircase and was lit with the moonlight of the skylight above. I was absolutely amazed by this place.

 I heard snickering behind me and I turned my head slightly to see a group of girls, more like sluts staring at Lyric and I. I heard her whimper a bit and see another tear roll down her cheek. The vampires wore something along the lines of what I woke up in earlier.

‘Must be the new fashion here.’ I thought to myself sarcastically, thinking about what my mother would say if she saw me wearing that. I felt a sharp pang of guilt hit me when I thought about her.

‘I miss her so much’

“Hey Slave… Wait, what’s your name? Melody? Song? Wait I know, Lyric…” The head Barbie walked over to her, holding her blood and fruity looking drinking in her hand. She dropped it, glass shattering everywhere, the liquid running in a big puddle.

“Clean it up slave.” The girl said, grabbing a handful of Lyric’s hair and shoving her onto the floor. I glared at the girl and grabbed a fistful of her bleach blonde fake hair and threw her into the drink, the glass piercing her skin. She wailed in pain and grabbed her head, forgetting about the glass sticking out of her arm.

“If you ever touch her again, I will rip you apart with my bare hands, is that understood?” I said, watching her cower in fear for a moment. She put her hands up in surrender and turned back to her group of friends that were all scared beyond belief. She sniffed the air and an evil smile spread across her face.

“You’re just a puny, filthy little human. You have no power over me.” The girl stood up, raising her hand as if she were about to slap me and bared her fangs before one of her slutty friends jutted in.

“Cecilia, you might not want to do that. I hear that humans are wild, they can rip out your throat in one bite.” The girl, Cecilia, laughed at her friend’s comment.

“Marcy, the only thing this girl could ever rip out is a hang nail. You’re such an idiot; I don’t know why I waste my time with you.” Marcy bit her lip and returned to the group, her red eyes showing slight tears.

“I ripped out some of your hair didn’t I?” I said, gaining Cecilia’s attention again. Lyric had picked herself up off of the floor and grabbed my chain again muttering “Let’s just go miss…”

“Carter, My name is Carter.” I said, staring at the blonde, her red eyes studying my caramel brown ones.

“Let’s just go Miss Carter….” Lyric said, this time adding my name.

“No, she’s not going just yet,” Cecilia said in a challenging tone,” Let’s see what the widdle human can do…. Take off her collar…” Cecilia directed her command at Lyric who was shaking in fear, stuttering as she tried to speak.