Chapter 36

Julia's POV

I lay on the cold, hard floor, waiting for something to happen. Waiting to be saved.

Tape had been reapplied to my mouth and my hands and feet were still tied, with rope burns around my wrists from struggling

They said that Reed had arrived, but if that was true, wouldn't the gang have taken over by now? Wouldn't I be safe at home?

I couldn't help but worry that my captors had won. What if Reed was in trouble?

I also couldn't stop thinking about the girl that Michael had mentioned. Who would've betrayed Reed like this?

Just as my thoughts had begun to consume me, the door swung open.

Reed was suddenly thrown into the room with me, his hands tied together. I was shocked, I'd never seen him like this.

I tried to shout through the tape and he soon saw me lying on the ground.

He then rushed to my side with a horrified look on his face.

"Have fun in here lovebirds, this may be the last chance you get." Kyle laughed before slamming the door shut.

"Julia, I'm so sorry." he explained, looking utterly distraught. "Let me just get these off and then I can try and explain..."

He then managed to loosen the ropes around his wrists and tear them away, leaving his hands free. He carefully tore the tape from my mouth and removed the ropes.

I then quickly reached up to hug him, pulling him as close as I could. I needed his warm embrace.

"You came for me." I whispered as a single tear made its way down my cheek.

"What? Of course I did." he said softly, pulling me away so he could look at me face. "Did you really think I'd just leave you?"

"I-I don't know. What happened?"

"I think Michael brainwashed Kyle and now they want to get back at me...I let them put me in here so that I could be with you. If I tried to fight them then they would've killed you." he explained.

"You should've got away while you still had the chance."

"I wasn't going to leave you Jules, plus I think you should know that...before all this happened, I was going to go and see you, because I'm calling off the wedding." he said nervously.

"What? Really?" I said hopefully.

We were both stuck in this dreaded place, yet I was still ecstatic. Reed was calling off the wedding which meant...we had a chance?

But then I realised that I was wrong. One of us was probably going to die here...so nothing would ever happen.

Reed suddenly enveloped my hands in his, staring deeply into my eyes before taking a deep breath.

"I've been so stupid Jules. I was in denial about my feelings for you. I didn't want to believe that I was capable of these emotions...but I am. I want to be with you and I have ever since I met you, but I didn't want you to suffer from being with me. You deserve better and I didn't want you to get hurt, but I was wrong because no matter how hard I tried, I still got you stuck in this situation. I should've admitted my feelings a long time ago and been with you since the beginning, because I-"

My heart was fluttering intensely as Reed admitted all of the things I'd wished for since I began to fall for him...but then he was interrupted by the door being opened violently.

We both turned to see Kyle and Michael, along with multiple large guards entering the room.

All of a sudden, Reed and I were torn away from each other. We both tried to kick and fight, but there were too many people against us.