Chapter 11

The ride home was quiet, I could see that Reed was too busy thinking about everything and I didn't want to piss him off anymore than I already had.

When we got home, he ran up to his study, leaving me alone to find Ivy.

I was getting pretty sick of him spending all his time alone in that room but there was nothing I could do about it.

I walked into the kitchen to find Ivy busy cleaning and I sat down to speak to her.

"Hey Iv." I sighed.

"Oh Julia! How did lunch go? You're back early." she said, rushing to my side.

"It was a disaster. It went even worse than I thought it would." I explained, placing my head in my hands.

"Oh no, what happened?"

"Well, I arrived and Danielle immediately noticed my bruises and then a detective arrived to question me about Logan's death! I knew that she'd have a reason to contact me, she's never cared before so I was stupid to think she'd start now."

"Oh my gosh, what did you tell the detective?"

"Well, luckily Reed arrived to bring me home before I could say anything but it turns out that he knows the detective."

"Oh no, it's not detective Hayes is it?" she said, cupping her mouth.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Reed's been having problems with him for a while. I overhear conversations sometimes when I'm cleaning." she shrugged.

"Well not only that, I'm pretty sure he's dating Danielle. It's all such a mess."

Just as she was about to say something, I heard the front door slam, followed by the sound of shouting.

"Julia?"

"Is that..." Ivy began.

All of a sudden Blade entered the room, casting his eyes straight onto Ivy.

"Oh, hey Ivy." he smirked.

"Hi, Blade." she said, twirling a piece of her pink hair around her fingers.

I looked between them, realising that something was happening and smiled to myself. They'd both completely forgotten that I was in the room, keeping their stares fixed on each other.

I cleared my throat, bringing them both back down to earth.

"What's up Blade?" I chuckled.

"Oh right, I just came by to see Reed before the others get here. Is he in the study?"

"When is he not in the study?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"The others are coming?" Ivy chirped.

"Eh yeah, so could you grab the beers from the cellar?" Blade asked.

"Sure." she nodded.

"Come on, I'll walk upstairs with you, I need to get changed anyway." I said.

"Ah okay, see you later Ivy." he said awkwardly.

There were some obvious hidden feelings between them, which I thought was extremely sweet.

I know Reed isn't too keen on his 'employees' dating each other but I don't think it's always a bad thing.

Personally, I think Blade and Ivy would make a cute couple.

"So what've you got to talk to Reed about?" I asked as we walked up the stairs.

"Work stuff." he answered briefly.