Chapter seventeen.

It was cold, so cold...chilling cold.

But it moved ?

A cool trail being left behind in it's place.

Her teeth chattered and she sighed annoyed at the continuous wiggling beneath her. She huffed and tried to find a comfortable position but she failed causing her eyes to pop open in frustration only to be greeted by a very spectacular and lovely sight before her; a white serpent staring back at her face with interest.

Zara shrieked , abruptly sitting up realizing and remembering that she was infact on snakes ,under snakes and among snakes.

Strange, she thought she was dead ?

She frowned but she knew she would be quite soon when her grey eyes took in the terrifying slithering of the cold reptiles on her and around her ; their hissing louder causing shivers to erupt all over her body due to fear. She raised an arm only to see it weighed down by a short black racer snake dangling from it .

Zara screamed.

She was not going to die without a fight, with new determination she started shaking the reptiles off ignoring the intensifying hissing sound , no doubt a promising threat.

" I wouldn't do that if I were you, little one " a male voice interrupted her frantic and useless attempts and she stopped , breathing heavy as her grey eyes slowly looked around for its owner.

Across from her, an old man sat and like her , the snakes crawled all over him while he looked around in a bored manner and his head casually leaning on the wooden bars behind him. Zara watched perplexed and horrified as a spotted member entwined his neck then leisurely slithered downwards on his torso.

She must be running mad.

" I know you must not be used to this for you look like a foreigner. Am I correct, little one ? "

Zara numbly nodded , the action grabbing the attention from one of her lovely companions who took new interest in her neck and Zara jumped up shrieking as it started sliding up her neck . She tried to shake it off for she was terrified of touching it.

" Stop ! "

She wiggled some more.

" I said, ' STOP ! ' " The man's voice turned authoritative that Zara instantly halted her movements at the command.

" Th...th- they ....will b- bite me ," her lips trembled .

The man chuckled causing her eyes to widen.

Nothing was funny in this situation.

" Ah ! Little one, your fear is quite vain. Don't you think they would have done so already? " The old man asked her in a teasing voice and Zara realized that indeed, he was right.

She tried to calm her nerves, focusing on her breathing and only focusing on the man's greying hair and eyes, she refused to look at the cold reptiles moving all over her . Thankfully, the red member left her neck alone and took interest in her tiny fingers.

" It's pointless fighting them for you make them more irritated. They don't have the venom no need to be terrified but their bite can be very bad if you irritate them , " he spared her a look then he looked down as he petted a rough green snake.

Zara followed his movement, gaping in disbelief .

" I suggest you close your mouth. We wouldn't want any of our friends getting any nasty ideas...little one, " he simply stated and Zara clamped her mouth shut.

" Hmm...I wonder what was the reason for another being punished like this ? " He smirked at Zara.

Instead of answering him, Zara blurted the only thing that was in her mind, " I want a way out. "