3. Ocean Blaze

3. Ocean Blaze

       Aly, Tori and Paige shot out of Kass's Ranger Rover faster than Larry, the chauffer, could open the door for them. Kass hurried to catch up with them while I lagged behind. I felt uneasy and I clutched my stomach. I stared at the ship. It was luxurious not to mention enormous. I was intimated by its size considering the fact that I've never been on a cruise before.

"Which do you think is bigger, Titanic or this one, Ocean Blaze?" I asked Larry who had dropped our heavy luggage by my side and took a breather.   

"Well I would have to say the Titanic but not by much." He said still half out of breath and then proceeded to pick up some of our bags with a huff of air and great effort.

My Aunt caught up with me and picked up the remainder of the bags that laid at my feet.

"What are you waiting for?" She whispered.

         In the distance I could see Aly in her flowing pink sun dress, Tori in an orange one and Kassandra in a knee length green dress. Paige and I were matching. Jean shorts with a yellow spaghetti strap top and a high pony-tail tied with a ribbon. The girls waved at me from the top of the stair case, ready to enter the ship. All of them wearing excited smiles and gesturing me to hurry.

"You know Ash, there will be a surprise delivered shortly for you in the five room pent house suite."

"Wait what?" I asked enthusiastically "Pent House Suite?"

"Yes, courtesy of the Blair's of course." Laurie said taking off her bug eye sunglasses and placing them on top of her head. She was right; it was obvious that Kass would beg her parents to rent such an over the top suite for us to stay in. 

"Are you staying in our suite too?" I dreadfully asked.

"No I can't, I don't have that privilege because I'm part of the staff of the cruise." She said with a frown.

"Sucks for you." I said teasingly.

"Oh Ash you have no idea." She said screwing up my hair and pulling me into a hug.

"Go catch up with the girls." She said holding out the key card to our suite.   

"See yah!" I winked and began to run. I sprinted all the way, the ship getting closer and closer, bigger and bigger with every stride I took.

"Oh shixt." I gulped as I suddenly stopped. I hesitated, placing my right foot on the first step.

 "You scared?" I turned to see an older boy maybe seventeen, eighteen, with black hair and a dimple smile speaking to me.

"Excuse me?" I asked irritated. "I'm not scared." I continued.

"Oh I'm sorry miss, I was just wondering."

I didn't reply, instead I hurried with unsteady steps up the stairs trying my best to not let my feelings show.

"Don't stumble now." The boy snickered, following me. Obviously my effort had failed. 

I turned for a second and tried to hide my smile. Surprisingly I made it to the top and didn't bother to look down.

"So do you need help finding your room?" The same boy asked me.

"No actually I'm heading to the secret pool on the west wing." I fibbed with a believable smile.

"Really? There's a secret pool here?" He said in what sounded like a French accent now that I paid more attention to it.