The present

((I HAD A DREAM ABOUT WINTERFALCON AND IT WAS BUCKY AND SAM TALKING THEN SAM LEANED DOWN AND GAVE BUCKY A KISS KISS AND IT WAS SO WHOLESOME AND FLUFFY AND GOD I WISH THAT WAS CANON))

Bucky would have thought by now that the hand that had intertwined his own and squeezed his palm ever so softly would have been completely foreign to him. The same small hand that had gently cupped his face, and had reassured him; where now much bigger, a little calloused and rough but still the same hands from way back then. Bucky squeezed the hand that was holding his and looked  from the tv where a movie long forgotten about was playing, to the face of the person that hand belonged to. Steve smiled widely and shuffled himself so his head was on Bucky's shoulder and turned back to the movie. Bucky had let out a shaky breath before concentrating back on the movie as well.

"Hey Steve? Wanna know something funny...we haven't held hands like this since 1943, which is weird to think hah all those years ago, you were yay high and running around picking fights."

"Buck..I love you, I loved you back then and gods know I love you now. For years I thought you were gone...and I carried that burden with me, it was my fault..if I could have just done something, anything...you"

Bucky sat up quickly pulling Steve up with him, they were both sitting on their knees looking at each other neither one really knew what to say, it wasn't until Bucky spoke that the both knew how much they needed each other in that moment.

"You can't blame yourself for something that was out of your control, the past is in the past, and though we both cling so desperately to it it's time to let go, don't you think? I'm here now with you in this moment, so why don't we focus on right now."

Steve smiled before pushing Bucky down on the sofa and leaning above him, Bucky had gulped slightly whilst Steve had smirked and guided his face so that it was inches away from Bucky's.

"Well..now that we're focusing on right now, I think I'm just gonna have to do this."

Steve placed his hands on either side of Bucky's face stroking his cheek gently before guiding his lips to the others, he kissed hesitantly at first unsure of how Bucky would react, before finding a rhythm to match the others. There was nowhere else they would both rather be than in each others arms, the past was far behind them what mattered now was picking up where they left off; in the present.

Bucky was the first to pull away with a breathy sigh, he looked up at Steve whose face was furiously red and lips slightly swollen.

"How I've waited to kiss them lips, god I love you so much."

Steve just chuckled before resting his head in between Bucky's neck "I love you too, more than you know."

((SCREAMING, why has my writing skills deteriorated since the last time I wrote a fic, anyway guess whose back, back again))