Rainbows and teardrops

Request from @vlkryix ITS SO LATE IM SORRY

Flashes of colours marched down the street, screaming. Cheering. Laughing. Crying. Red, yellows, blues. Pinks. Endless streets of people, swarming around, all connected by one thing. The ability to love. It was something Steve and Bucky couldn't quite comprehend, this pride, festival. A whole festival for people like them! Something that wasn't celebrated back in the 1940s.

Steve was scared, Captain America was someone everyone looked up to, would that all change if they found out he was gay? Thoughts swarmed his mind as he grabbed onto Bucky's arm to steady his shakiness. "Baby it's ok, hey it's gonna be ok. It don't matter what everyone else thinks ok? Captain America saves people's lives, but today your Steve Rogers. The love of my life, the idiot who wouldn't back out of a fight, so don't let your troubling thoughts win babe, because today you're you and I'm here with you ok darling?"

"Y..yeah ok, i love you Buck"
"I love you too Stevie."

Minutes had gone by, they rounded a corner to find a mob of Christian protesters, both had shocked, concerned faces on them. Did Christians really come to pride parades to pick on people? That was still a thing? It wasn't the 1940s anymore. However both boys felt anger well up in there chests they kept walking trying to ignore the hateful crowd. 

"HEY LOOK IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA." One person shouted our from the crowd making everyone turn to look at Steve, his face went white and he started to shake again.
"Steve, hey! Look at me, focus on me it's going to be ok." Bucky put his arms on Steve's shoulders reassured him it would all be ok.

"WHAT'S THE WORLD GONNA DO NOW WHEN THEY FIND OUT AMERICAS GOLDEN BOY IS INFACT A FAIRY. BEING GAY IS A SIN YOU KNOW? THEY'LL SHUT THE AVENGERS DOWN NOW THAT THEY KNOW THE LEADER IS QUEER,"

"HEY SHUT UP!!" Steve and Bucky turned to look at the person who shouted, it was a small boy round about 15 years old. They watched as the boy rolled his sleeves and up and went to charge at the man before Steve held him off.
"You're like me, when I was your age getting in fights over petty stuff" Steve glanced at Bucky and smiled "it's not worth it, don't fight them not for my sake, I'll be fine kid"

Comments were shouted back at the protesters, Steve's nerves calmed, it was fine. The avengers was made to save people, no one cares if captain America has a boyfriend. They continued to walk ignoring the mob, Bucky smiled proudly, he could love another man and it was ok, because there were thousands like them, and that was enough.

(Ok like I don't remember writing this but uh here we are I guess? Lmao)