Chapter 97: The Truth Untold

Start from the beginning

This is it. I clenched my hands, the pain fighting back down the uncomfortable swirling of my stomach. This is really it.

The Moon Goddess tilted her head to the side as she glanced at me. "Tell me everything."

This is it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N). Daughter of (F/N) (L/N) and (M/N) (L/N). I remember being a human as a child. I remember living my life as a normal human. I remember having a human family.

One night, we were attacked. My memories are blurred, but I remember... smelling blood. Hearing screams. Seeing bodies. My parents' bodies. They were dead.

I remember seeing a tall, dark figure, with werewolf ears and a tail. I remember seeing that figure hold a knife in his hands. I remember watching as he walked towards me. I don't remember why he didn't kill me."

I opened my eyes and glared straight at the person that appeared in my memories, who kept a straight face and seemed unfazed by everything.

"Years later, I found out the person behind the murder was you, Kenny Ackerman. And I also found out that you were the one who killed my caretaker, Ms. Falida, my brother's father, Dr. Grisha Jaeger, the Wings Senior High graduate, Ilse Langnar, and who knows how many more."

The brown haired man raised a brow at my words.

"That's everything," I finished firmly, keeping my gaze locked on Kenny, who looked away with a loud click of his tongue.

"Would you look at that," he grunted out, rolling his eyes. "It's still working."

Kenny's words caught me off guard. "What? What's working?"

The Ackerman turned to face me and opened his mouth to speak, but the Moon Goddess stopped him by raising a single hand.

Ziahra stepped forward instead, her eyes solemn and her shoulders shrugged. "(Y/N), I am Ziahra, the wolf of the Ziahara Lord. I have existed for thousands of years and stood by many lords. From my very first vessel, and up until you, I remember them all. Their names, their stories, their lives, and their deaths."

The white wolf stood in front of me, and closed her eyes, the front of her body lowering until her head grazed the grass below.

"My 104th vessel, (Y/N) (L/N). Months ago, I  promised you the truth. And now--"

Ziahra rose from her bow and looked at me straight into my eyes. "I'll give you the truth."

I stood frozen in bewilderment. The amount of respect and sincerety I felt from Ziahra's words and actions were by far the most I had felt from anyone in my whole life. It was by far the most formality anyone had ever adressed me by.

Ziahra turned to the side and began to walk towards the lake, followed by the Moon Goddess who gestured me to come as well. I  hesitated for a second, glancing back at Kenny who remained still in his position before quickly walking towards the goddess.

The Moon Goddess led me to the edge of the lake. The water was clear and perfectly reflected the starry sky, not moving by the slightest. If a person wasn't observant enough, they could've thought that this was a mirror.

"What's going on?" I looked up at Moon Goddess, who only nodded towards Ziahra.

The wolf kept her gaze fixed on the still lake. "To tell you the truth with just words is far from enough. The only way to give you what I promised... is to show you it."

Ziahra glanced at me. "Look at the water, (Y/N)."

I obeyed, looking down at the clear, deep water of the lake, seeing my own reflection on it.