Chapter 24: The Party

Cicilia's POV:

The next morning, I woke up to an empty side of the bed. Seb was not there, maybe he went downstairs. So, after finishing with my morning routine, I went down to the kitchen to see him making breakfast.

"Good morning", I greeted him, standing beside him.

"Morning", he replied as he kissed my forehead.

"Can you make coffee while I am preparing the breakfast?", He asked politely and I nodded before gathering the ingredients and started making it.

After sometime, as we both finished making our respective things, we sat down at the table for the breakfast, as we ate silently.

Somewhere between the breakfast, I heard my phone ring, so I quickly went and retrieved it from the kitchen counter.

It was a video call from Amanda and I immediately picked it up.

"Hey little sister! How are you?", she spoke.

"I am fine Amanda, how are you?", I said making my way back to the table.

"I am really enjoying my time with Angela", she said as she showed me Angela who was in her lap playing with her toys.

Amanda placed the phone infront of her so she could see me but she was busy playing.

"Angela, look mom", Amanda gestured to her, and it was then that she lifted her head and saw me as a smile spread across her little face.

"Are you missing me, angel?", I asked her and even Seb got up and came and stood behind me as I was sitting on the chair.

"Little angel! Did you miss dad?", Seb exclaimed and Angela's smile widened on seeing him as she gestured with her hands and tried to reach him.

"That's not fair, you miss him more than me", I pouted. And Seb and Amanda laughed.

"For the past two days, you both literally forgot that you even have a daughter", Amanda rolled her eyes, "that's why now she likes me a lot. Would you mind if I adopt her?"

"No!", Seb and I shouted in unison and she made a sad look.

"Just kidding guys, calm down", she chuckled.

Seb then moved away as he picked up his plate and went to keep it.

And it was then that I heard some man's voice coming from behind Amanda and she turned towards the source of the sound and she gave a glare after which he went silent.

I had a smirk on my face when she turned her face back to the phone, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Who is he, Amanda?"

"Who?", She said acting all innocent.

"Oh come one, I know there is someone with you. Now you have to tell me", I demanded.

She rubbed the back of neck saying, "Well...I am dating someone."

I said,"And may I know, who that someone is?"

"I am dating your friend James Wilson", she said in one breath and my mouth fell open.

James?! For how long?

"Are you serious!?", I screamed, "where did you guys meet?"

"Umm...at your wedding."

"And you didn't even bother to tell your sister about it?", I raised my brow.

"I am sorry, I didn't know how you will react to the fact that I am dating your friend."

"It's okay Amanda, I am really happy for you. And you know what, he is really sweet, you guys are gonna rock together."