CHAPTER 6: Sick

Cicilia's POV:

It was Saturday and I was free all day so I decided to visit the grocery store once more as I forgot to buy a thing or two the other day. And I even had to pay the rent and I didn't have enough money and salary was still a week away.

Feeding Angela and changing her clothes I moved out of the apartment with her. It was a nice sunny day perfect for picnic but I had no one to go with. I used to go with my family but now I didn't have them either just because of him.

I reached the store and taking a trolley I pushed it along with me and put some of the things from the rack in it.

As I was done with the payment, someone said from behind, "Hey, Cicilia."

I turned around and said,"Oh, hi James."
His gaze fell on Angela and he exclaimed, "Is she your daughter?" And I nodded.

"She is so cute", he complimented.

"Thanks."

He walked along with me as I left the store and I asked, "How's everything at the office?"

"Everything is working smoothly but it was quite a busy day today."

"Though now, Mr.Arnold doesn't eats my head anymore, thankfully", he added.

I was looking at him in confusion at which he said,"Sorry, I didn't mention that I work for him as my part time job as a investigator."

"Investigator?"

"Well, you know he hired me recently to search for you, I have been looking for you for months and fortunately I found you."

Searching for me?

"Did you give him my address?", I asked angrily.

"Yeah...was I not supposed to do that?"

"You never questioned him that why he is searching for me?"

"No, I thought you were his some lost friend or something, he never told me anything", he explained, "He was desperately looking for you."

He was desperate to find me, why? He never knew that he had a daughter so that can't be the reason, then what?

James phone rang and taking it as an excuse we both bid each other goodbye.

I reached home and placing the items in their place I sat down on the couch tiredly.
I decided to pay the rent though after that I won't have any money left but I can't do anything.

After few minutes of paying my rent online, I received an email saying that my rent was already payed. How can that be possible and then it crossed my mind that asshole might have payed it, it was his building after all.
And there was no way in the world I was taking his money.
Days went by in a blur and soon it was Friday again and he would be coming by 8.
And I wanted to meet him cause I wanted to talk to him about the rent.

Angela was sleeping, she looked tired but as he was about to come a few minutes earlier she woke up.

"Hey angel, wanna eat something?"
I boiled some milk for her and fed her and as I finished the doorbell rang and as expected Sebastian came holding a bag.

He handed me the bag and I asked, "What's this?"

"Toys."
I immediately handed him the bag back saying that Angela doesn't needs it.

"You don't know whether she needs it or not, she will tell me", he argued back.

"Seriously? She can't speak, you know that?"

Ignoring my question he took Angela in his hands and sat on the couch. He opened the bag and taking out the toys he scattered it all over the couch and placed her beside them.
She looked at the toys and confusion and then slowly picked up the Barbie doll and looked at it in admiration.

Sebastian gave me a smirk and said, "Look, she is liking them."
Instead of replying I asked him, "Did you pay my rent, Mr.Arnold?"

"Will you cut that 'Mr.Arnold' bullshit?", he suddenly snapped.

"Why, isn't that your name?"

"But I don't want you to call me that, call me by my first name", he ordered.

"I don't think so that we are that highly acquainted that I should call you by your first name, Mr.Arnold."

"Acquainted or not but you will call me by my first name", he said furiously.

Ignoring his order I said, "You still haven't answered my question, did you pay my rent?"

"It's my building, I can take rent from whoever I want, you don't have the right to object."

"But I do have the right because I don't want your money", saying that I went into my room and taking the money I went to him.

"Take the rent and you don't need to pay it again", I told him handing the money out to him but he just looked at me exasperatedly.

He ignored me completely and started playing with Angela, that irritated the hell out of me.

"Take the rent, Sebastian", I finally called him by his first name but then too he ignored me.
I took his hand, placed the money in it and went to the kitchen. This time he didn't protest.

I started washing the milk bottles of Angela when I heard him say, "She is quite hot."

"She is just a small child and you can't compliment her like that, she--", I stopped abruptly because he was looking blankly at me, did I say something wrong?

"Are you serious? I am saying that her body is burning, she has fever."

My mouth formed an 'o' shape on realizing what he meant to say.
Taking her in his hands he got up saying, "Come on."

"Where are you taking her?"

"To the hospital, obviously", he said in a 'duh' tone.

"Let it be", I said taking her from his hands, "she will be fine."

"Just because you will have to go with me, you are even ready to risk her health."

"I am not going to kidnap you both", he added.

"Or even worse, rape me again", I instantly regretted my words because he took slow steps towards me until I was backed up against the door.

"I won't repeat my mistake Cicilia", he said in a dangerously low voice.

"Why didn't you file a case against me?", He asked.

"Your father set up such a huge enterprise by his hard work and wouldn't he have an heart attack seeing that his son destroyed his hard work, struggle and everything else within seconds."
I don't think so that sounds like a valid explanation but that was the only thing I could come up with.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them and saying, "We are going to the hospital, right now."

And this time I didn't protest as I followed him to his car and sat on the passenger's seat with Angela in my hands.

We reached the hospital and went to a pediatrician who checked Angela and prescribed a few medicines which Sebastian bought and all the way to the hospital and back from it there was tension in the air as none of us said a word.

And soon I was at the door of my home as Sebastian left after saying 'sorry'.