CHAPTER 2: Broken

Cicilia's POV:

I tucked my legs under me as I sat against the wall of the bar, broken.
I still couldn't believe that I was alive, but of what use it was? I was raped.

No more tears fell down my cheeks because I have been crying for hours, it was almost 4 in the morning. What should I do, how will I tell my parents about it, will they believe me?

I tried getting up but fell down as my legs were numb. I somehow managed to reach my car in the parking lot and unlocking it, I sat in the backseat.

I looked at my clothes, they were dirty and torned at one side and I had some scratches on my legs and arms. I felt disgusted.
I laid my head on the seat and fell asleep.

The sun was shinning directly on my face from the car's windows. I checked my phone that it was 9 in the morning.

Suddenly, yesterday's memories came back to haunt me and I felt like vomiting.

I couldn't tell my family about it right now as it was Sunday and I had to start my job from tomorrow. Telling them means drama, and I don't want to be absent on my first day.

Getting into the driver's seat, I drove back home. On entering the house I was met with Eugene and my parents.

"Where were you all night?", was the question they first asked and I decided to tell them the story that I made on my way back home.

"I was drunk and it got really late, there were no taxis and I couldn't drive on my own and I didn't want to disturb you all. So, I slept in the car."

"But next time, you are not going to be out for that long", dad said sternly and I nodded.
Excusing myself I made my way to my room and locked myself inside.

All day I just laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling, I felt numb.

Sebastian Arnold, that's what his name was and because it sounded so familiar, I searched him up on Google.

"Sebastian Arnold, son of Christopher Arnold the owner of the Arnold Enterprises. One of the hottest bachelor. He is going to be the next CEO very soon."

I didn't read any further, of course, he was a billionaire, I have seen his pictures in the magazines, but...he raped me and if I file a case against him then his company will come crashing down. I thought people with good education have a good character, but I realized it today that even the best of education cannot change the monster inside you.

What should I do? File a case against him? But what if they don't believe me, what if he bribes them into not believing me?
My head started to spin with all these thoughts and it even ached. I was supposed to be happy, I am starting with my job tomorrow. But no, life had to do all this with me, what did I ever do to get all this as consequence. I have been good to my parents and my brother always, it was true that I didn't listen to them sometimes but I shouldn't be receiving such a harsh punishment.

I hugged my pillow as I cried my heart out, my parents don't know it yet and I was not ready even to tell them, it required a lot of courage and at the moment I had none.

I never allowed anyone to disturb my life and then this guy Sebastian, he completely destroyed it in seconds.

Soon, it was lunch time and when my mom called me down for lunch, I refused. I was not in mood of doing or eating anything.
And suddenly, I had a strong urge to vomit and rushing to the washroom I emptied my stomach.

What's wrong?

Clutching my stomach I laid on the bed as I felt some pain there and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

And even in my dreams, I saw that guy dragging me towards darkness, screaming I woke up.
I had sweat on my forehead and I was breathing heavily.

My mom entered my room and asked, "Are you okay? Why were you screaming?"

I nodded my head and said, "It was just a nightmare." A nightmare that I was living right now. She looked at me for a moment before turning away and going.

And for the rest of the day, I didn't move out of my room, just sat on the bed with my head in my between my knees. My mind was blank and yet tears were flowing down my cheeks.
God help me!

_______________________________________

My alarm was ringing for almost five minutes and groaning I turned it off. I sat up and stretched my arms, first day of the job. But I was afraid, not because I was going to a new place or something but because I was afraid that I won't be able to focus on my work as my head was filled with the nightmare that I was living.

But I can't be absent on my very first day so, I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth and changed my clothes.

Walking downstairs, I sat on the table for breakfast as mom prepared the breakfast. I was lost in my thoughts and was suddenly pulled out of it when mom placed a plate in front of me filled with eggs and bacon. I quietly had my breakfast, even when my dad asked something I just nodded in response because I was afraid that I might cry if I will speak.

"You should have been happy today considering the fact that you were really excited the day before yesterday", dad spoke.

"Um...I am just nervous", I lied.

"Oh, don't worry, we all get nervous on our first day. I am sure you will get comfortable in a few days", he assured me and I gave him a small smile.

As soon as I finished my breakfast I got up and taking my purse along with me, I left the house.
We only have a single car that my dad takes to office everyday and Eugene goes by cab. So, I also took the cab and reached my office on time and made my way to the HOD's office.

I was shown my desk which I was allowed to decorate a bit, it was a small desk with a laptop on top of it. I just looked around for a while and took notice of my surroundings, there were many desks across the table and different people sat there doing there work silently.
After few minutes I was handed few books to review and for sometime I decided to not let my thoughts wander off to that night.

I did my best to focus and kicked start my first day.