CHAPTER 3: An Angel

Cicilia's POV:

It has been a month since all that happened and I tried gathering the courage in order to tell everything that happened to my parents but I just couldn't. I eat less these days though I feel hungry a lot, my parents asked me for my sudden loss of appetite but I wasn't able to tell them, I made an excuse and avoided that question.

I was not feeling well so I secretly got a check-up yesterday and when I got the report today that was the last thing I wanted to happen, I was pregnant, I was appalled to hear that.

When doctor congratulated me I just stood there as if someone has thrown a bucket full of ice water on me, I literally couldn't breath. I was pregnant with Sebastian Arnold's child and he had no idea about it. If you are wondering that whether I filed a case against him then my answer is no. I know I sound stupid and demented for not doing that but a part of me told that I shouldn't file a case against him, I even slapped myself for thinking that way.

I was sitting in my room with my back against the wall with just one thought crossing my mind, I am pregnant. And thinking about it, I started laughing hysterically.

I sobered up after a minute and it was then that I started crying, I touched my stomach and just couldn't believe that there was a life growing inside me, it felt so weird. And I didn't want to abort it, never, even if I had to struggle.

So, for another month I was quiet and I started taking a healthy diet because I felt responsible for keeping the life that was growing inside me safe. And gradually the bump was visible on my tummy.
I tried my best to hide it until one day in the evening as everyone was sitting around the sofa having tea, my mom asked, "You have been eating healthy things these days and yet your stomach has a bump?" I didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?", mom asked again.

"I am pregnant", I blurted out. And everyone stared at me with wide eyes, with confusion written all over their faces, the room fell into a silence.

"I was raped mom", I said breaking the silence and with a hope, "When I went to the club, I got raped and last month I got to know that I am pregnant."

"And all the time you kept quiet?!", mom whispered shouted as she was shocked and I lowered my head.

"She's lying!", Eugene yelled and I snapped my head to him and pleaded, "No! I am telling the truth, believe me."

"Hell you are lying, if you were raped then you should have told us and if not us then at least the police", mom shouted and I was on the verge of breaking down.
I decided to turn to dad who sat there as if he has seen a ghost, he was silent. I fell down on my knees and taking his hands in mine I begged him, "Dad, please listen to me, I am not lying I am telling the truth, please."

He got up suddenly making me fall backward.

"You are a disgrace to us, Cicilia", he venomously spat making my heart break, "Get out of the house, right now."

"Please someone believe me!", I begged as the tears kept flowing, "It was not my mistake!"

"You have 10 minutes Cicilia to pack your things and move out", dad said.

"Where would I go?", I asked desperately.

"Go to hell! We don't care, just get out of our life", he screamed at me.

His words sunk deep into my heart and it pained like hell. I can't believe my own family refused to believe me and they are throwing me out, really? Weren't they supposed to support me at this time?
I slowly got up and made my way to my room and taking out a bag started throwing some of my clothes in it and keeping my laptop I lifted it and went down.
Everyone was where they were and as I approached my dad, he silently handed me a cheque of 200 dollars and as I needed it desperately, I accepted it quietly and with a heavy heart I left my house.

Walking down the streets of Los Angeles there was only one thought running through my mind that where will I stay.
After walking for an hour I came across a small apartment and it looked affordable.

After few hours of going through the papers and making payments, I was now standing at the door of my new house.
On entering it, there was a set of sofa on my right along with a small T.V. and on the left was a small open kitchen with a dining table.
In front of me was a room with a bathroom. That's it, it was a tiny apartment but sufficient enough for me. And I had 7 months more before I give birth to my child, thinking about it made me cry and I sat on the sofa reflecting that how my life changed.

What if I don't have enough money to take care of it? What if I am not able to feed it? I cried for hours thinking about all these questions and I don't know when I fell asleep.

7 months later...

I was in the hospital, lying on the bed alone, no one was here with me, my family was supposed to be here, to support me but they were not.

The nurse came in carrying a little body wrapped in a white cloth, my daughter.
She carefully handed it to me and as I held her in my arms I started crying. I couldn't believe that she was my daughter, she was so beautiful, sleeping so peacefully unaware of the world.

I kissed her forehead and stared at her until the nurse asked, "What are you going to name her?"
I looked at her then back to my daughter, she looked like an angel and after few seconds I whispered softly, "Angela."

The nurse smiled and said, "She sure is an angel." Saying that she walked away and now I was alone with her.

When I looked at her again I realized that she looked exactly like Sebastian, her features were same. She had a really slight resemblance of mine.

"Hi Angela", I said to her even though she can't understand me, "I promise to protect you from the monsters out there, I promise to be always there for you. I will always keep you safe. I will always love you." And with that I kissed her cheeks.

And just for her, I decided to forget the past and move on.