Chapter 5

Lucy's POV

As we pulled into 'my' driveway, my mind was still reeling on how much fun I just had, Cass and his brothers are actually really nice people and what's more, they consider themselves as my friends! I never, and I mean NEVER had a friend in my entire life, except from my parents but... Never mind, I just can't believe how much I already know about them! It's like we knew each other since we were young, that's how close we are now!

"Bye Lucy, remember, if anyone hurts you again, find Cass and he'll deal with them, then outside of school Leo and I will find them and make them pay." Antony said, he's been saying stuff like that for a while now.

Ever since he found out that at school I've been bullied and abused, it's nice. To have someone take care of you, at first I was suspicious. Like who in their right mind would want to be seen with me? Let alone take care of me once they find out that I've been bullied so bad.

Thanks! I will.

I then open the door and look to the house that people call my home, it's scary. But it's only scary to me, other people tell me how 'blessed I am to have such a warm, friendly home to live in' normally that would be true. But I have secrets. Nobody must find out, nobody can find out, they're too clever.

I felt my face pale and start to sweat, as I remember all the things that happened at this very place I stared at, I felt my hand start to tremble. I guess Cass noticed this.

"Lucy, are you alright?"

I looked at Cass and tried to smile, I learnt how to smile and laugh on the way here to the place of my living nightmares, ironic.

I'm fine, just a bit sore from today and a bit tired, that's all.

Cass looked unconvinced, I looked up to his brothers and found their eyes on me. I gave them as real of a smile as I could and got out of the car.

"You know, I put all out numbers on a sheet of paper in your bag in case you need to contact us, ok?" Antony said, looking concerned.

I'll be fine, but thanks anyway. See ya!

I showed them the paper and they also said their good-byes.

I watched their car as it drove away, then I took a deep breath, turned to the house of horrors, and went inside.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN YOU LITTLE BRAT?!?!?!?" My male foster care carer, Max yelled at me as his wife, Clara, threw a bottle, half full of some drug/alcohol at my face. I ducked.

"WELL ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER HIM OR NOT?" screeched the female banshee, clawing her especially long claws into the flesh on my back.

"..." I said not a word, suddenly Max punched my mercilessly in the back of my head, and I saw black.