Chapter 2

Cass's POV

I was walking down the corridor, after getting my timetable from the office, when I heard the sound of fist on locker, curious I put my ear to the lockers and followed the sound until I came to the locker that seemed to contain the sound.

"Is someone in here?" I asked, bending to the low locker that became silent as soon as I spoke, starting to feel concerned I looked around/inspected the locker to see if I could open it. I found a key on the floor, a few meters' way from the locker so I tried using it.

The locker opened. Out fell a human. By their body structure (only their top half was out of the locker) I'd say it's a girl. I quickly and carefully helped her out of the locker. As I was doing so I noticed that she was black and blue and was also bleeding at multiple places.

"Are you ok?" I ask her, only realising what I said after it was said, "Sorry for that, it's obvious you're not ok. I'll take you to the nurse's," with that I helped her up, onto her feet and seeing her sway, unsteadily on her feet, gently held her (like one would hold an elderly lady to help her cross the road), and walked (slowly) to the office, where I was told the nurse was.

On the way, I noticed that the mysterious lady was being awfully quiet so, I like any amazing person I am, asked her questions.

"Sooooooo, I'm Cass, what's your name?"

"................" She reached into her pocket and brought out a small note pad and a pen.

I'm Lucy. She wrote

"Can I ask why you have that note pad and pen, and why you haven't said anything yet? Or is it too personal?"

I was born with something wrong with my throat, I can't talk even if I wanted to.