Chapter 4

Lucy's POV

OH SHOOT!!!! I'm so dead,I sprinted down the corridors. You see my foster parents don't like it when I'm even a second late 'home' I still get in trouble.

Bang!I fell to the floor, realising that as I was deep in thought I was still running, and had crashed into something or someone. I looked up and saw Cass, looking down at me with a cheeky grin, not like the grins/sneers I usually get from the other people at school, but a real cheeky grin as though he was planning a funny prank on someone that leaves both parties laughing.

"Sorry about that," he said, leaning down with his hand held out to me, "You're so small I didn't see you until I was nearly on top of you."

I got my note book and pen out

Sorry it was my fault, I'm late to go home and will be in trouble if I don't hurry back ASAP

"Just two things; one, it's fine, two, do you have a car to go home in?"

...No I don't have a car, but I have two legs that are perfectly fine for walking and running

"How far is the school from your house?"

The house is half an hour away

"Ok, let's go then."

With that Cass grabbed my arm and dragged me to the car park.

"Now if they could only arrive on time for once..." Cass muttered to himself, frowning at the empty space.

Before I could write/ask what he meant, a car drove into the parking spaces, loud music blasting out of the open windows.

"Ok, now you guys show up." Cass called to the people in the car as it parks in front of us, the back door opened, revealing two guys.

"Lucy, meet my brothers," Cass said, waving towards the boys in the car, "the one in the driver's seat," he pointed to the tanned boy with slightly curly brown hair, whose in the driver's seat, "is my oldest brother, Antony, the guy next to him," again he pointed to the other dude, with slightly curly blond hair, "is my older brother by one year, Leo, guys this is Lucy."

Antony gave Cass a weird look as Cass climbed into the car, dragging me with him.

"Hey Lucy, as Cass said I'm Leo and my baby bro here," Leo gave Cass an affectionate rub on the head, "has been blowing my phone up with messages all about you."

I got out my notebook and pen.

It's nice to meet you, and sorry for what you might have heard about me

I showed Leo what I wrote and then noticed Antony and Cass having an argument, but couldn't quite make out what they were saying. As soon as I started to pay attention to what was going on, they calmed down.

"So Lucy, Cass told me that we're dropping you off at your home, where do you live?" Antony asked me casually as through the argument between him and his youngest brother never occurred.

24 micchacca lane Duncraig. But only if it's not a bother.I wrote to Antony

"It's not, in fact it's literally on our way to our house too." Antony replied, I relaxed for a second, good thing Cass and his brothers could drive me there, it means the punishment would be less extreme. 'Who are you kidding? We both know that even if we were a second late, we'll still be beaten to near death. Again.'My mind told me, yes sometimes I 'fight' with my mind, but only because my mind thinks realistically and I like to think of the 'better side' of things.