Chapter 9

✱Blake's POV✱

✱Blake's POV✱

I was angry.

Scratch that.

I was livid and I'm not sure what was the cause of this. Was it the argument with my father, or Danielle acting as though she belongs in this family or the fact that my lovely elder brother siding with my father, everytime? I don't know.

That was why I agreed to join Olive and the others to the club on a Sunday evening.

As I sat by the bar, drinking some tequila and mescal, I heard a familiar voice next to me say, "Can I have a glass of clear water please?"

I looked to my side to see Emma standing there wearing a shiny purple- or is it dark blue- dress? Don't ask me colors or fashion. Not the right person. She was wearing clothes, that's what matters.

Wait a second, Blue is wearing blue. I laughed at my own joke. Yup, I'm definitely drunk.

As soon as she saw me her face twisted as though she had tasted something sour

"Make that a Whiskey on the Rocks." She said to the bartender as she sat next to me.

"I never pegged you as a whiskey girl, Blue."

"You don't know me, Ryder."

"I don't, do I?" I slurred.

"How drunk are you?" She said looking at me with amusement.

"Not much."

"Yeah sure..." She was not buying this. Obviously.

"I haven't drunk that much... yet"

"Does that mean that you're a lightweight?"

Sadly, she is right. I am an extremely lightheaded person. I get drunk very easily and I hate that.

I just nodded.

I heard her mumbling something about enjoying this.

"Can I know what motivated you to get so drunk when we have college tomorrow?" She asked once she got her drink.