Chapter 4

The next morning i woke up wrapped tightly in Colby's arm, it felt so amazing to be wrapped in his warmth, his strong arms wrapped protectively around me, and his hard body pressed up against my back with his face buried in the crook of my neck. It feels so good, and it's been so long, so i just laid there enjoying the moment a little while longer before i was thrown back into the real world. Before i had to acknowledge what this really was, a mistake.

After about five more minutes of laying in his arms, i wiggled myself free, i got up to take a shower and get ready for work. I decided to let him sleep, i'd wake him up when i'm finished. I took a shower and then blow dried my hair, throwing it up in a messy ponytail. I applied my mascara, a little bit of eyeliner, and then got dressed in my maroon scrubs, putting my black Nike tennis shoes on. I walked into my kitchen and started cooking up some eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast. I started a pot of coffee and decided to look at the messages left on my phone from last night.

*Text Messages*

Tara- Yooooo where did you go? We leave y'all for twenty minutes, come back and you've disappeared!

Brieanne- You getting some right now aren't ya?! 😂

Tara- Colby and Lulu sitting in a tree!

Brieanne- F-U-C-K-I-N-G!

Me- Oh my gosh, y'all are too much...

Me- But you're not lying.... 😉

*End Text Messages*

"Good morning, beautiful." Colby's raspy morning voice caught my attention. I turned my head towards him and gave him a soft smile.

"Morning. I have to leave as soon as i get done eating, i have a feeling your grandpa is gonna give the nurses hell if i'm not there two days in a row.." I laughed softly.

"You're probably right." He laughed in agreement. We sat down and started eating in comfortable silence, but my mind was all over the place, i need to tell him that what we did last night can't happen again...I just hope he doesn't get too upset about it.

"Look, last night was amazing, i had a really good time...but it can't happen again. Your grandfather is my patient, it would be highly inappropriate if i started a relationship, or even a sexual relationship with you as long as he's still my patient." Colby chewed slowly and squinted his eyes at me as if he was thinking of how to respond.

"And what if nobody finds out and we continue this?" He asked.

"These things always have a way of coming out. So, i think it's best if we leave it at one amazing night and move on." I finished eating my breakfast and rinsed my plate off, putting it in my dishwasher and then started collecting my things for work. Once i had everything and was ready to go i turned to Colby.

"You can finish up, take a shower, whatever you need to do. Just lock up on your way out, and please, don't steal my shit..." I winked at him playfully and then walked out of my apartment closing the door behind me and walking to the elevators with a sigh. I don't have anything valuable that he cans steal so i really don't care if he's there without me or not. Now, i just have to try and forget about what happened, and pretend i didn't just have the best sex in my life with a patient's family member..

-At Hospital-

"Thank goodness you're here! It seems you've made quite the impression on Mr. Henderson, he's been asking about you non stop, demanding that you be his permanent nurse and that he won't do anything for anyone else."Dr. Andrews sighed as soon as i walked in and got clocked in.