(Steven X Half Gem Lapis Lazuli! Reader)

Hey guys! I'm glad you all enjoy my one shots so far and I'm very happy from all of the suggestions I get and along with support! This one shot was requested by @RaidersIsabela18 ! Okay, enough rambling. Enjoy! (And yes, the reader is Non-binary so everyone can enjoy this! Feel free to switch the pronouns if you like!)

Y/N's POV

I was pretty bored today. (Quick A/N! Sorry! Steven still lives in Beach City, while Y/N lives across the ocean from Steven. Okay, that's all! You shall continue.) I was just chilling on my couch, laying upside down.

"What to dooooooo??" I groaned and slumped off the couch. Then an idea came to me, what if I practiced using my powers? I quickly stood up and rushed out to the door with excitement. I crouched down and pointed my head up to the sky ready to fly. (The gem placement is on you back, I know, sO oRiGnAl-)

I felt my wings emerge from my gem, spreading apart like eagle wings. I jumped up in the air and started flying with some trouble since I wasn't really used to flying, but good thing I'm able to at least keep myself up in the air without crashing into something.

I decided to go to the nearest ocean and practice there. I then started to go to the direction of the ocean, while the nice breezy air brushed through my H/C H/L.

Soon enough I made it to the sea shore! The smell of the salty air and the soft crashing of the waves is amazing! I then landed on the sand as my water wings tucked away. Some people were there so I didn't think I could practice using my powers since I didn't want to disturb anyone.

"What should I do?" I asked myself as I stared at the ocean. I then got an idea, "What if I looked around in the ocean and look at the animals!" I though aloud. "I'm doing this." I said and into the ocean. I did know that I will have soggy clothes but it's fine because I can go back home and change too.

Another thing was that I could breath underwater so that was cool! I then walked into the water, going in deeper, and deeper, and deeper, until I was fully underwater. This will be so much fun!

~Time Skippo!~

I continued to admire all the sea animals until my head poked out of the water. What? I decided to get out of the water to go look around and investigate. Ahead of me was a beach house with some weird glass orb behind it. Is anyone even home? I went a little closer to the house until the screen door opened. I yelped and quickly ran behind a rock. I have to be careful because I don't know if this person is evil and what not.

Steven's POV

I opened the door and walked outside to get some fresh air. I then heard a yelp which made me jump a bit. Was someone here or was it just me? I then turned to walk down the stairs.

Y/N's POV

I heard footsteps which made me tense up. Then, I felt the sudden urge to sneeze. God not now..!!! I silently panicked, trying to hold it in but it was unsuccessful.

Steven's POV

I then heard a sneeze from a rock. How can a rock sneeze? I then went over to the rock and saw a gem hybrid sitting there completely tensed up. They were like me but they were a lapis lazuli! They jumped and quickly backed up.

"Hey, hey!" I spoke softly and approached them, "it's alright." I stuck my hand out to them. They looked up at me, then back over at my hand. I gave them a smile as they carefully took it cautiously.

"I'm Steven." I spoke and help them stand up. "And you are?"

"..Y/N." They replied.

"I couldn't help but notice you're a gem too! A hybrid, like me."