The Flower Cutie (Fem! Reader X Steven)

Steven's POV

I was driving from place to place, looking around with curiosity. Ever since I left home I felt sort of alone, but I could make it! I'm mature now and can take care of myself. And plus, I'll still be able to visit Connie and Lion.

I decided to stop at this one place. It looked like some farmers market. I then parked my car into place, unbuckled my seatbelt, and shut off my car. I then opened the door and stepped out, shoving my keys in my pocket along with my phone and wallet. I closed the door and walked into the market proudly.

I looked around at all of the stalls that were open. Some people were selling fresh fruits, necklaces and jewelry, drinks, snow cones, popcorn, you name it! I bought a few things here and there. I bought a little shell bracelet for Connie!

I continued to walk around humming quietly to myself before stumbling upon a little flower stand. A girl with H/L (Hair Length) and H/C (Hair Color), she looked gorgeous.. She was selling a lot of flowers! I decided to go over and introduce myself!

Y/N's POV

I was helping a customer select and buy a bouquet of flowers.

"That'll be $6.55!" I put a somewhat-fake-smile on my face. They nodded and paid before walking off.

I then let out a small sigh and looked at a few light pink roses that were in sight.

"Wow! All these flowers look beautiful!" I heard a voice say. I yelped and stumbled backwards catching my balance.

"O-Oh gosh!" The kind voice said, "I didn't mean to startle you like that..! I'm sorry!" They said. I then looked up, all of my hair in my face. (if you have short hair then just ignore that part)

"No no! It's okay!!" I spoke up before standing up straight, getting a better view of the person. It was a guy who looked around my age! He had very dark brown hair that almost looked black. His hair was also puffy and curly. He had black sparkling eyes which were beautiful glistening in the sunshine. He also wore a light pink jacket with a black t-shirt that had a yellow star on it underneath.

"But I startled you!" He replied.

"But really! It's alright!" I gave him a true and reassuring smile.

He hesitated but nodded.

I dusted myself off, "Anyways, how may I help you today?" I asked.

"Well, I came here to come chat with you!" He smiled softly.

I put on a very confused look. What? He wanted to come chat with me???

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean..?"

He chuckled quietly, "It means I came here to tak with you!" He then put out his hand to me, "I'm Steven."

I looked at his hand and slowly took it, shaking it slowly, "I'm Y/N." I responded.

His eyes sparkled with joy, it looked adorable.

"That's a gorgeous name you have!" He complimented, making me turn a light pink like my rose. He chuckled at my face. I looked away quickly. My eyes landed on a sunflower, maybe I could give him this..?

I quickly turned to the sunflower to pluck it out. I plucked it out of its place and turned over to Steven, handing it over to him.

"Y-You can have this flower for free..!" I stuttered.

He looked down at the flower and smiled widely before kindly taking it.

"Thank you!~" He chirped, "It's very beautiful." He looked over at me. "Say, did you grow all of these?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah I do!" I replied, "I also grow fruits and vegetables, but I don't decide to bring them."

"Well I bet your fruits and veggies taste amazing!" He complimented with a wink and finger gun.

I laughed softly as his action. "They do actually! Maybe you could come over and I could whip something up for you from my garden?"

"That would be lovely!-" He got interrupted by a woman behind Steven.

"Are you in line??" She asked.

Steven turned around, "Oh sorry! I'm not." He backed away before looking at me, "I guess I should get going." He said with a small sigh. I frowned before perking my head up.

"One moment ma'am!" I said to the lady before grabbing a pen and paper and started scribbling down somethings. Good thing I finished writing down my thing before Steven could turn around and leave.

I grabbed his hand and folded up the small paper before handing it over to him and waving him goodbye with a smile. He smiled back at me before walking off.

I then turned back to the woman, "How May I help you?"

Steven's POV

I stared at the note and sunflower while walking out of the farmers market. I then unlocked my car and hopped in. I folded open the note.

'Call me! ***-***-**** ( )
~ Y/N'

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this one shot and if you want a part 2 then just tell me in the comments! I'll update this soon so don't worry!

Word count: 866