Steven X Socially Awkward Reader

Requested by: xxhxppythxughtsxx
This story is inspired by another Steven X Reader story! rawrsaysturtle Go check out story!

"But moooomm!!" I complained, "You know that I hate talking with other people right?!" I groaned while my mom just huffed with her arms crossed.

"I know you do!!" She shouted, "This is why you have to go work at the Big Donut! It's a good way and chance to actually get you to socialize with other human beings!"

"Mom-" I was about to argue back. "Y/N!! Zip it!" She shouted, "You're going to go apply to work at the Big Donut and that's final!! Do you understand?" She said while I let out another groan.

"Fine." I finally gave in. "Good!" She said with a smile.

"It's getting late now. You should probably head off to bed, okay?" Mom directed.

"Okay Mom.." I said with a small yawn. "Night..!" I waved to her before rushing upstairs. I went inside my room and closed the door before walking over to my dresser to get changed.

"I should probably grab out my laptop and send out my resume so I don't have to worry about it later-" I thought out load. I quickly grabbed my laptop off of my bed and started filling out my resume.

Soon enough, I finished! I yawned and sent it off before closing my laptop.

"Hnngg.." I groaned with a yawn. "Tomorrows gonna be rough.." I muttered and flopped onto my bed. My eyes grew heavy as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~Time Skip!~

My phone started to screech a ringtone. I woke up from the sound of my phone. I slowly sat up into a sitting position before grabbing my phone to turn off the alarm. "7:30..?" I asked and looked at my phone.
"Since when did I set up an alarm for 7:30?" I asked again and rubbed my eyes.

Soon my door opened up. "Gooooodmorning!~" Mom called out with a smile. I sighed and hopped off of my bed. "Morning mom." I said and went over to my dresser to pick out my clothes.

"Ahh! I can't wait for you to get your job at the Big Donut!" She said sounding pretty happy, "You will finally be able to socialize with others!!"

"Yeah, yeah!" I said with a quite yawn. I wasn't used to waking up this early. "I'm about to change," I looked at my mom, "Can you leave please?" I asked while she smiled. "Oh of course!" She said before walking out and closing the door.

I chuckled softly then started to get changed.

~Another Time Skip!~

I soon went downstairs with my phone and a small backpack. "Alright mom!" I shouted, "I'm about to leave right now!!" I continued to call out. She quickly came out of the kitchen with a paper bag. "Here!" She handed me the paper bag. "They usually have you start the job the same day you interview. So I packed you a lunch!" She said with a smile. I smiled back and took the bag, "Thanks mom!" I spoke and gave her a hug while she hugged me back instantly.

"Well I'm heading out now!" I said and pulled away, grabbing my keys that were on a small desk nearby. "Okay sweetie! Have a nice day!" She smiled and waved. "I'll try..!" I said nervously before walking out of the door.

"Oohhh boy..." I muttered to myself, cursing under my breath. I sighed and looked down as all my anxiety started to kick in.

'What if I don't pass the interview..?! What if everything goes horribly wrong?! What if?!-' I snapped out of my thoughts as I bumped into someone. I gasped quietly and looked up at them.

Welp, just my fucking luck! It was the one and only himself! Steven Universe. He's always talked about in Beach City, he was kinda like the prince as well. Another bad thing was that... I kind of had a crush on him..? But don't get me wrong though!! A lot of other girls around Steven's age and my age have a crush on Steven as well!

My eyes widened as I took a step back. "A-Ah!!" I yelped and blushed, "I-I-I-" I started to stutter but quickly ran off before Steven could say anything. I quickly ran to the direction of the Big Donut.

I made it to the Big Donut. I quickly rushed inside panting and gasping for air, my H/L (Hair Length) was messy from all the wind that blowed into it. Mr. Dewey came out from the back and looked over at me.

"Oh hello!" He said with a wave, "You must be Y/N, right?" He asked while I nodded nervously, trying to fix my hair to look presentable.

"Come on in to the back!" He said and motioned for me. I just nodded again but didn't say a word. I went after him and followed. He pulled out a chair for me, "Please, sit down." He commanded, I nodded again still not daring to say a word. He pushed me in and sat across from me.

We began to talk. Of course, I was a stuttering mess and was constantly sweating.

"Are you alright?" Mr. Dewey asked.

"Ooh... I'm fiiine..!!!" I said with a nervous chuckle, looking away shyly.

"Ooookay then.." Mr. Dewey said and continued to ask me questions.

~Time Skip again!~

Mr. Dewey sighed. "Sorry, Y/N." He spoke, "I can't hire you." He said.

My eyes widened at his words, "..B-But why..?!" I asked.

"You're not suitable because your socializing skills aren't great." He said. "So I can't hire you because of that reason."

I sighed and stood up, "O-okay...." I mumbled, "Thank you for your time Mr. Dewey...." I said before walking out of the break room.

I sighed, "I disappointed you again mom..." I said to myself and heard the door open. My head darted at the door and saw Steven again. I yelped and blushed but quickly hid.... well, tried to at the most part but failed.

Steven definitely noticed me and walked over. "Hey!" He said, "You were that girl who ran off earlier right?" He asked.

"I-Uh... yeahhh..-" I said awkwardly.

He smiled softly, "I was trying to find you and ask you why you ran off." He said sheepishly. Huh, didn't know he was nosy about things. "Anyways, I'm Steven if you didn't know!" He said with a chuckle and put his hand out for me take shake. I looked down at his hand but took it hesitantly.

"Y-Y/N.." I replied. "S-Sorry I ran away earlier...." J apologized. "I'm not much of a.. 'people person'..?" I said awkwardly.

He smiled softly. "That's alright!" He said. "How about I could make you a 'people person'?" He asked.

"O-Oh, uh, sure..!" I said with a soft smile.

'This is great!! Now I could learn how to socialize with others! And the best part is that Steven is actually now my friend!!' I let out an excited squeal. Steven looked at me with a confused look.

"Uh, Y/N?-" He asked as I snapped out of my thoughts. Ah shit-

"G-Gah! Sorry!!" I tensed up and apologized again. He snickered and placed a hand on my shoulder, "It's alright! Calm down." He said softly. I took in a breath and exhaled and calmed down.

Okayy! I'm going to make a part 2 of this story because it's getting late right now and I don't feel like writing the rest for this page! Sooo yeah! I hope you enjoyed this story! P.S, sorry for not posting in a while. Anyways, have a great day y'all!~

Words: 1,295