so cold yet so hot ~ 3

Začať od začiatku

Breathless, my voice came out raspy and amused "Yeassh?"
Mina paused before answering. "Hey, we're outside, Broccoli-head. You guys coming?"
The reply came out sadder and somewhat hushed "Y-yeassh :("

I clicked on the tempting red button and hung up the call before slipping the phone back into my jean pocket. My eyes met a dishevelled Todoroki cradling his foot between two hands, softly dousing heat and cold like the everloving cream he so resembled. We took a moment before bursting into conjoined laughter, grabbing once more the attention of the lamp aisle we had sped into.

After putting the cart back in place and heading to the meet spot, I slipped a scarred hand coyly in Shoto's slightly bigger one, blushing and avoiding his gaze. He gave what he must've thought was an alluring smirk, but ended up coming out like an overjoyed puppy's, which made my heart soar. As soon as the girls came into view, I slipped my hand off his grip and tried to ignore how his eyes flared up in defiance.

Jamming ourselves back into the cramped car, Uraraka shouted at us briefly about the lack of nightstand we were meant to buy Shoto and after one lighthearted joke about how I could be his one night stand, we were off. Driving proved to be hard with the hefty amount of throw pillows and comforters blocking the view from the back window, so our group wasn't even close to half surprised when red and blue lights shone at us from behind.

Sho-san's eyes widened like saucers and he looked over at me, lip tucked harshly between his teeth. A small gasp from the backseat led to my equal realization and I came through to something critical. "You don't have your drivers license yet?!"

The way he hung his head in shame made me want to scream.
"Todoroki! Why didn't you say something before?" Mina spoke up.
"I'm seventeen! I thought you guys knew!"

The conversation was cut short with a small knock on the window and my heart seemed to shove its way up my throat.
"License and Registration, please." Shoto finished rolling the window down and the cop took a step back before shaking his hands in front of himself rapidly.
"You guys are the kids from the sports festival! M-my daughter loves you guys! Calls herself your wife and everything!!" Todoroki blushed furiously and nodded, avoiding as much eye contact as humanly possible before his flames rear up.
The police officer ended up giving Shoto a speeding ticket, which he cheekily signed and gave back to the officer. To my everloving surprise, he accepted this and shoved it back into his pocket for his daughter, nodding his head and speedwalking back to his car.

Todoroki took his time starting the car back up, breathless and surprised for the second time that day. He took my hand and put it on the control stick, enveloping his own atop mine. We stayed like that until the UA building came into view once more, and decorating the room was a hassle happily carried out by the girls.

~~~

By the time it was done and over, his room was pink and sparkly and Shoto was nowhere to be seen. Still limping from the earlier shopping cart accident, he made his way outside for whatever business he had with Dabi and Shigaraki. I guess I shouldn't be surprised he's finally carrying out what he came here for, but it feels somewhat lonely without him-

Especially since he's been gone for the past three days.

THIRD PERSON POV

By the time Shoto came back into the UA building, it was raining outside and his limp was ever-so-prominent. Despite this, he held a relieved smile on his face at having patched things up, knowing he'd stopped the LOV from carrying out one of the riskier nomu-involved plans. He couldn't be happier knowing he might have saved his future universe and held mutilated excitement to see if he'd fixed anything with his own Izuku.