12

Scar held Jellie in his arms, stroking the feline's head, as she softly purred in the terraformer's arms. He smiled at the cat, which was fast asleep in Scar's arms. Jellie was the only thing that seemed to comfort Scar after the disappearance of Cub, she was the one thing that kept Scar's mind off his fellow Vex.

Scar sat atop a couple shulker boxes, which sat by his large build in hermitville. He still hadn't cleaned up his shulker monster, continuing to procrastinate by starting new builds instead of cleaning up his shulkers and chests. Scar wanted to keep himself busy to keep his mind off everything that was going on, with Xisuma and Cub, and all of the other hermits being rather quiet. It was awfully concerning to Scar.

"I don't get it, Jellie." Scar said, holding his cat up and looking into her emerald eyes, which seemed to sparkle with the glowing moon. "Where is everyone?" Scar asked with a frown, Jellie letting out a small 'meow' in return. Scar set the small feline back onto his lap, continuing to stroke Jellie's soft fur.

The sound of fireworks were in the distance, causing Scar to look to the sky, hoping to see Cub, only spotting Mumbo, who dove straight toward the ground, managing a klutzy landing, the spoon managing to safely land, before tumbling onto the ground, face first.

"Mumbo? Are you alright?" Scar asked, offering his hand to the redstoner. Mumbo quickly took his hand, steadying himself before trying to catch his breath, Mumbo barely looking like himself, looking more like a tired mess. Mumbo ran his hand through his hair, muttering to himself.

"This isn't good, this isn't good!....S-Scar, we need to go! Now!" Mumbo said, quickly grabbing Scar's wrist and pulling him towards hermitville's portal tower, Jellie following by Scar's ankle, soft meowing escaping the cats lips, as she pleaded for Scar to continue pampering her.

"Mumbo? Where are we going?" Scar asked as the redstoner began to pick up the pace, now running with Scar, Jellie having given up on following the two, now sitting in the middle of the street, her tail moving back and forth. Mumbo didn't care for the cat, his mind was stressed and filled with all sorts of anxious thoughts.

"We're going somewhere safe. Long story short, the watchers are coming, and we need to hide." Mumbo quickly explained, entering the nether portal, Scar close behind, following Mumbo into an oak boat and rowing across the ice path, the hot nether air brushing against the two's faces. "I've managed to find a few hermits...Tango, Ren, Cleo, and a few others, but we need to hurry, we don't have much time..."

"B-b-but what about Jellie..?" Scar questioner sadly, although he already knew the answer. After seeing what the watchers had done to Xisuma, it was much too dangerous to go back for the small cat.

"I'm sorry Scar, but the watchers-"
"I-it's okay....I'm just hoping she'll be okay..." Scar said softly, hugging his knees against his chest, Mumbo struggling with the guilt that weighed down on his shoulders. He felt completely awful, taking the hermits away into hiding, the fear in their eyes as he told them the story, some hermits no where in sight.

Mumbo knew he couldn't save everyone.

And he hated it.

~~~~~~

"Xisuma-"

"Silence!" The admin hissed, holding his hands behind his back as he looked upon the portal, an evil grin spread across Xisuma's face. Grian was bloody and beat up, his cloak now gone, underneath his worn out red sweater, ripped and torn, stained in the small watcher's blood. Grian sat by Xisuma's feet, an old lead tied around his body, preventing him from escaping.

"If you would just listen to me!" Grian pleaded, Ancel slithering down Xisuma's shoulder, curling around the admin's arm and smiling at Grian, the pearlescent serpent flicking her tongue at the builder.

"Xisuma can no longer hear you. He'ssssss too focused at the tassssk at hand." She said with a hiss, smiling as she looked back to her host, flicking her tongue at Xisuma, the admin listening to the snake with great diligence.

"Untie him. It's almost midnight, if we're going to do thissss, letssss do it, now." She commanded, Xisuma nodding his head robotically, lifting the snake towards his neck and letting Ancel take her place coiled around X's neck.

The admin let out a sigh of relief as Ancel finished wrapping herself around his neck, relaxing his shoulders a bit. He smiled at Grian, the admin's helmet off his head and resting by his foot. Xisuma's had 'freckles' across his nose and cheeks, although they were blue and glowing, similar to his shimmering eyes.

"Come along Grian." Xisuma said, grabbing the small watcher's neck and forcing him to stand, the admin's unblinking stare horrifying Grian. The admin pulled out an iron dagger, which was stained In blood, the admin humming to himself happily as he cut the ropes that bound Grian.

When Xisuma freed the small watcher, he couldn't stand on his own, Grian shaking weakly, too tired from blood loss to use any form of magic. Xisuma only smiled at the bloody hermit, pulling him toward the diamond portal, which remained unlit.

"Let's make this quick. I don't want to keep the watchers waiting." Xisuma said, a blue glow coming from the palms of his hands. Grian struggled to create any form of magic, his legs shaking as a small glow escaped the palm of his hand.

Xisuma and Grian pointed their hands towards the portal, as the moon took its place, the midnight glow of the moon strengthening the two's magic. Both Grian and Xisuma's bodies began to glow, a powerful aura reinforcing the magic user's strength. The moon started to glow, an eerie dark purple that matched the night sky.

The two hypnotic stars that rested in the sky were shimmering brighter than ever before, lighting up the entire night sky. Sparks flew around the diamond blocks, kicking up stardust around the glistening diamond blocks, before an explosion sent the two magic user's flying backwards, the blinding light soon fading away. Every star in the night sky seeming to disappear, besides four, radiating celestial stars.

Two bodies faded into existence, stepping through the portal, and smiling at the Xisuma, the admin stumbling to his feet after being blasted back. He took a knee, bowing before the two other worldly creatures. Xisuma's grin was ecstatic, as he looked at the two watchers with glee, the admin thrilled at their arrival.

"Hello, my watchers.

Welcome to hermitcraft."