𝟐 | 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐎𝐊

It's OK- Tom Rosenthal

It's okay
I know someday I'm gonna be with you
It's okay
I know someday I'm gonna be with you

_________________________________________________________

None of the Pogues could sleep that night. Too many thoughts were occupying them. They couldn't stop imagining John B and Sarah's lifeless bodies sinking into the water.

Kiara was sitting on her bed. She knew she couldn't sleep. So what was the point of even trying. She just couldn't relax herself. She looked out of her bedroom window. Everything was dark. She wasn't allowed to leave her house for they next week. But Kiara is a very stubborn person. Nobody could stop her from doing what she wanted even if they really tried. But at this moment and time, she didn't want to sneak out. But as she looked out of that window and saw those beautiful stars, she couldn't help but walk out. She opened her window and climbed onto the roof.

As soon as she got out she felt a rush of emotion and memories. She remembers pulling all nighters on the roof with Sarah. Falling asleep on the H.M.S. Pogue with John B and the Pogues. With every memory, a few more tears fell down her face.

It was around 4.30 AM. Pope had only gotten 30 minutes of sleep so far that night. A 30 minute nightmare. He just watched as The Phantom flipped over against the waves. John B and Sarah screaming and holding onto each other for dear life. And then seeing their lungs fill with water as they sunk to the bottom of the sea. Once Pope woke up forms nightmare, he was sweaty. And his eyes pouring.

How did his life change that quickly? 

JJ had been laying on the couch the whole night. There wasn't enough beds in the Heyward house. 

JJ didn't sleep at all. He just laid there, remembering John B and Sarah. He shed tears for both of them. Whenever JJ was sad, he would just pick up some drugs to forget about it all. But now he couldn't do that. Not at the Heywards house. But he respected that. They were teaching Pope not to end up like as much of an alcoholic as JJ was becoming.

The morning rolled around. Kiara heard her mom walking through the corridor. "What are you doing? Get dressed!" she marched in. "For what? I thought I was grounded."

"They want you at the police station." Do I really need to go today? The day after it all happened. Sweet. What were they even going to ask? 

So she out on some shorts and a t-shirt. And drove to the police station. The Hayward car was already parked on the side of the road. So JJ and Pope must've gotten here before her. 

She saw her reflection in her phone. Her eyes looked red and puffy. And she looked quite miserable. But she decided to keep in tears for now. She wanted to be strong for the boys. Since they usually took on that role.

She walked into the station. She saw JJ and Pope in the waiting room. They hadn't talked since yesterday. As soon as they saw her they both got up and hugged her. All their eyes were on the verge of tears. But they all held the them back.

They sat and waited for a few minutes until a familiar face walks out of a room. Ward Cameron.

JJ clenched his jaws as Ward walked past them with a smirk. "I thought he was going to jail. Didn't John B expose him last night?" Kiara said nervously. "The kooks always win." JJ breaths out sounding absolutely exhausted.

From the other side of the hall, they hear someone say "Pope Heyward?" The group looks over. "We need you in here." Time for an interview about our dead friend. Pope's first.

Pope sits down in the room. Deputy Shoupe sitting infront of him. They start right away.

"How was you relationship with John B?" Why would he ask that? he already knew. "Good" i simply answered.

He kept asking really unnecessary questions. How did they even have anything to do with the investigation?

----

"JJ Maybank" 

Pope walked out of the room, JJ walked in. "how did it go?" Kiara asked. He didn't answer her question. "It feels like Ward is up to something."

JJ sat down in the room. Shoupe began. "What was your reaction to John B killing Peterkin?" he started. Is Ward and Rafe actually getting away with this?  "John B didn't kill anyone."

"Don't lie to me Maybank." he said in disbelief. "I'm not"

"Then who killed Peterkin?" he scoffed. JJ clenched his jaws again. "Rafe."

"Rafe, like Rafe Cameron? Wards son?" he questioned. JJ nodded. "Yeah I don't think so." he said. "We're done here."

JJ walked out. "Kiara Carrera?" As Kiara passed JJ he whispered "They got away with it." Shit. Rafe and Ward actually got away with what they did. This is all actually messed up. How did their life's change so quickly?

----

Kiara sat down in the room. Shoupe began.

"How are you holding up?" he asked. "Not great." she said. What did he expect?

"Why do you think John B killed Peterkin?" he asked, trying to sound as polite as possible. "he didn't." I said.

"Kiara...I need you to be honest" He breathed out. "I am. John B didn't do anything." And there was that look of disbelief again. 

They carried on, And Kiara denied everything he said.

---- 

When Kiara walked out of the room, JJ and Pope had already left. How sweet of them.

But it was okay. She really needed some alone time anyways. Or...Crying time. She didn't like crying in front of people. She thought it made her seem weak.

As soon as she got back home, she sat down on her bed and cried. There was so much stress building up inside of her. But now, she could finally let it all out. 

Word count: 998

Hi, sorry, I know this is a little shorter. But oh well. I hope you still enjoyed it. I will try to update as often as possible. 💫💫💫

Have a good day! byeeeeee

// Saph