𝟏 | 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

A/N: Every chapter will be named after a song that I feel relates to it. This Chapter fits well with Good years by Zayn Malik. How all the years the pogues spent together suddenly flashed before their eyes as they hear that John B and Sarah are gone.

Some of the lyrics:

I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years

____________________________________________________________

"We lost them." Those words rang around in the teenagers ears. They could feel the entire world spinning around them. It feels like knifes in their hearts as they imagine John B and Sarahs bodies floating in the brutal waves from the storm. Gasping for air as water fill their lungs.

"We're sorry" Deputy Shoupe mumbled. The rouges can even look at each other. What are they supposed to do without John B. Their brother, their leader. "You lost them, what do you mean you lost them?" Pope tries to hold back the tears. "Li-like their gone?".

Pope had lost everything he ever wanted. He gave up his scholarship, the only possibility of a good future. Why did he just walk to like that. Imagine how disappointed his parents must be. The thought hurt. But mostly he was disappointed in himself. This all hurt him very much. But what made him actually heartbroken was the loss of John B. His best friend. His brother. He had lost Sarah. A new friend who ended up being extremely loyal. So loyal that it cost her life. He was heartbroken for her too. They had really bonded over the last week and he had started seeing her as one of them. But no they're both gone. What was he supposed to do now? He doesn't even have a future.

JJ didn't know what to say. He didn't just loose John B and Sarah, he lost himself. John B meant too much for JJ to even express. Sarah was a new found friend who he felt a lot of trust in. They hadn't known each other for long, but it sure felt like it. But now they are both gone. And he felt guilty. For it all. Maybe it was his fault. He got them The Phantom. And that is what cost them their lives. He got them an open both to drive into a brutal storm. What was he even thinking? And where was he supposed to be? Should he go home to his father? What will his dad do when he finds out about The Phantom. JJ might just have gotten himself killed. Luke cared more about that boat than his own son.

Kiara's thoughts had overpowered the sound of the storm and all the people talking. What in the world was she supposed to do now? It felt like a knife in her heart. Depressive thoughts were swallowing her whole. John B had helped her through a rough time and accepted her back ignoring the mistake she had made by leaving them. He gave her a reason to stay alive. They were like siblings. They fought a lot, but they were protective of each other. They cared for each other. He had saved her life. But now felt like she had taken his. They guilt washing over. She had lost Sarah too. They had history together. They were like sisters. But suddenly she was gone too. How is she supposed to keep going? Maybe she could just go back in time, maybe she could've stopped them. But she can't go back. She is stuck her now. Stuck with herself. Maybe...this is all her fault.

"You drove them straight through the storm man!" JJ shouted. He got closer to Shoupe but was quickly pushed away by cops. JJ tries to fight back but he gets dragged to the other side of the tent.

Kiara stood there. Frozen. What was she supposed to do? She didn't listen to Shoupe's and Pope's fighting. Tears and started falling down her face. Her parents had started hugging her. She sobbed into their arms. But she didn't feel much emotion coming form their side. They never liked John B. And they didn't know her and Sarah were even fiends again. 

Popes parents had approached him too. Pope couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He sobbed into his moms arms. His dad approached him too. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" he mumbled an apology to his dad.

Pope and Kiara were hugging their parents. But JJ was alone. His dad didn't bother showing up. Luke probably was drunk and passed out on the couch. So JJ just stood there. Pope's dad, Heyward took notice of it. And invited JJ to their hug.

Kiara didn't feel much support in her parents hug. "They didn't make it mom" she sobbed. "What were you expecting?" her moms comment didn't give here any support. What did her mother mean. Was Anna supposed to expect anything. She didn't even know what had happened. At that moment Kiara pulled away from her mom.  How did her mom even have the audacity to say that. 

She left her mom and walked away to the other side of the tent.

As JJ, Pope and his family pulled away from each other. "Do you want to stay with us JJ?" Mrs. Heyward asked. JJ just simply nodded and thanked her with a one more hug.  

JJ and Pope were standing net to each other. Kiara approached them. And hugged her right away. They sobbed with each other for a few minutes. Kiara's smaller figure being crushed by the boys.

Eventually they all pulled away and separated into two different cars. JJ and Pope got in the back of the car. Nobody said a word. Pope looked out of the window. He had a view of the water. And it broke him. What if they were still out there? 

Halfway through the ride across figure eight in the Carrera car Anna had started talking. "Maybe this was for the better" she started. How was for the better? My friends died. "What?" I questioned. 

Anna took a deep breath and continued. "Like a wake up call. Kiara, these boys are a bad influence on you. One of them died tonight. Your dad and I don't want you to end up like him." 

"Don't talk about them like that. You don't even know them." I argued. "I do. The police have told me everything. That JJ kid sunk a boat. And John B killed the sheriff." If she only knew. Neither of them committed those crimes. "You don't know anything." Kiara would have loved to just jump out that car right now and leave her parents. But she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"I see they are giving you an attitude now too huh?" Can she just stop? I don't want to have this conversation right now. "Shut up" 

"Don't use that language when you haven't been home for 72 hours. You're grounded" My mom seems to think it's my fault too. How great.

Word count: 1199

Hiii! I don't know what to write here except...Thank you so much for reading. I will update as often as I possibly can!

// Saph