Chapter 10

Khun's Pov

   I'm on cloud fucking nine right now.

   Sitting at the table with the family. Ah, and guess what? I don't have any excuse to get out. If I can avoid my father, I get out of it. Most days I do. Thankfully because of school, I can usually slip around his schedule like the back of my hand. But, there are days were I don't. Today was one of those days.

   He prohibited me from school and knew that I would be hiding in my room. So he easily tossed me down the stairs. Literally. But that's beside the point. It didn't matter.

   Today is just one of those days were absolutely everything is right in the world. So of course it didn't matter. So very exciting if I do say so myself.

   The slight clinks of forks against plates, the quiet chatter. My favorite.. ..It was just- just incredibly awkward. It felt as if everyone was staring and judging me, but at the same time it didn't.

   They wouldn't pay any attention to me when they specifically go out of their way to ignore me. But it felt as if hundreds of eyes were on me. It was nerve wracking..

   With me being there, they couldn't talk. I was an outcast. I didn't get to have any nice conversations.. So with a few steps I scooped up my plate, scurrying into the kitchen. I dumped the contents into the garbage, rinsing down my plate and slipping it into the dishwasher. And with that I attempted to slip by. Keyword, attempted.

   A loud clash of a chair collapsing to the floor was heard as I felt a rough hand clasped around my blue locks. I was unexpectedly jerked backwards, quickly losing my balance only to slam my head into the side of the dining table.

   No one moved, no gasps were made. Everyone just stopped breathing. And the attention was on me. As much as I felt calm, telling myself I should be used to it, that's it's fine, that it's my fault and I shouldn't be scared; I slightly trembled.

   "Y-yes sir?" I croaked out, my head seething with pain. Everything around me was spinning, just blurs. I could barely make out father as he loomed in front of me. "Where do you think your going?" He growled, his hand clawing deeper into my neck as he partially raised my frail body.

  "I-I.. was h-heading into my r-room.. s-sir. I-i-is there anything you n-needed?" I stuttered, his another hand threatening to slap me as I shook. Suddenly his death grip loosened around my neck, and a soft thud echoed around the dining room as I lightly hit the floor. What the hell? He let go..?

   My eyes roamed the room, eventually creating eye contact with father.. .. he was smiling. fuck.

   "Ah, I don't need anything." He leaned down slightly, his raspy voice grating on my eardrum. "But, you will see me in my office when I'm done with dinner. So, can you be a good boy and wait?"

   I could book it out of the door now. Or I could plan a escape and go up the stairs but throw somethings in my bag and escape through the window instead of go to his office.. But he'd find me. And he'd break a lot of more things if he figured out I tried to escape..

   I just have to stick under his unbearing chains for a little longer.. Just a little longer.

   With a small nod, he stepped to the side, allowing me to get away. I scurried to stand up, avoiding everyone's gaze as I walked out of the room, making my way towards father's office.

   And let's just say dinner ended a little earlier than expected and that it hurt a little more then usual.

...

   So I woke up with more bruises and cuts covering my body, fine. I cleaned them all up, making myself look decent and not having to make up stories, perfect. But as soon as I walk out the door, I'm greeted with a unruly force. Bam.

   He's just outside my house, standing off to the side of the driveway just a little bit down the sidewalk were we met the other day. And his arms are crossed. He thought that I was going to school. And he looks mad.. Shoot.

   And if course I didn't notice him when I walked out the door, no, right when I reached the end of my driveway. In his line of sight. His eyes locked in mine and for a minute I felt incredibly guilty. It's not like a wanted to lie to him or even skip school..

   I was so lost in thought that I didn't noticed the chestnut haired male come sauntering over towards me. "Why did you skip school when you said you were going to catch up?" His voice was soft but stern. I couldn't help the guilt twisting in my gut. Another lie to pass the day.

   "You know how I had to run a errand? Uh.. It was for my dad, I didn't know I would need to skip school, I assumed I would go. But my dad really needed my help. ..He wasn't feeling well at all a-and was a mess.. All of my other siblings were already on there way to school, so I decided to stay and help out.. I'm sorry.." I lied, continuing down the street.

   "Oh, well I hope he gets better.. But for today, your eating lunch with me and my friends." Oh, ok-.. Wait, what?