Chapter VI - The first real threat

After hard training and all the effort of making a shelter, Andrey had fallen asleep in wait of the next day, expecting to continue his adventurous harsh training in Mage-Mountain.

Tired of walking, training, the stress of the whole situation and the melody of the unknown to Earth birds accompanied with the backing symphony of the waterfall, led Andrey to feeling so calm he had completely blacked out. But this "black screen" he had been seeing in his sleep was suddenly over by the sparkling image of a tattooed female arm, which suddenly woke him up. He opened his eyes frightened, but calmed quickly down when he saw everything around him was the same. 

He could see the waterfall sparkling under Philius' blue dimmed light, the melody of the birds. After a long deep sigh he closed his eyes again.

Laying on his back in silence and calm breathing he tried to use his concentrated hearing. Earsight - he called it this time. He thought this is a reasonable name as he could as if see objects by hearing their vibrations.

What is it? He asked with nobody around him. 

Eyes still closed, breathing controlled, he mumbled again Something's not right.

He went out the branch-house and looked around. Behind his back was a little light on the top of the stone he used as a back-wall. While he was looking to his sides the light behind him flew into the trees leaving a small blue trail behind it. 

Andrey finally turned around to notice this trail which disappeared in just a few seconds. 

He quickly tried to chase it, but a few steps forward and he stop. I might not find my way back if I do this.

He wished he had a clock right now. It was really sad that he didn't really have any adequate way of saying the time. Nyadzel could somehow tell the time without a clock, but the master didn't teach his pupil this essential skill.

Adrenaline full, he couldn't sleep anymore. So he started his morning training right in front of his branch-made-igloo-house. Crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats. 

Then he started jogging. He ran to the lake nearby the waterfall and then ran back to the igloo. He repeated this for a long time. Overtime Philius started to emit stronger light. Day was coming.

I'll do this till I'm tired enough to sit down and get some sleep before I continue the day. 

Then I'll read some of the books Nyadzel gave me.

And so he did. 

Incredibly disappointed in his training he layed on the grass and started reading the book he just took out his sack. He didn't pick from the few books in there, he just pulled this one out. "Wikiplantia" was the title, underneath was a cherry tree near a river representing the book's cover.

I really just can't get tired, but I've been doing these exercises for the third time now. Andrey said revealing the reason of his bad mood. 

While reading through the different plants Andrey was looking around him to see if he could recognize any of them. As there wasn't such a thing as printing pages or anything, the book was filled with very accurate drawings of the plants. 

"Stain-branch" – this particular plant grows almost everywhere. It is often used as ink, because of the liquid that it's filled with. It's characterized with long thin branches. Grows to about a meter or so. Although it grows almost everywhere, there are farms which are specific which enhances the plant's growth as it is used for it's ink-like nature.

Andrey read out loud and then saw that very plant in front of him near one of the trees. 

Okay, that gives an idea. He said standing up and going for the plant.