"You killed someone, Anna," he said quietly. "There was no reason for it."

"You didn't bother to ask me the reason. You assumed I did it because I was out of control."

"What are you talking about?"

"He was going to kill me." I wrapped my arms around myself and looked away, still ashamed that I actually killed him. "I went overboard, I'll admit, but I had a reason for killing him."

"Why would he try to kill you?"

"At first I thought it was because he thought I was a demon, but now I think he might have been hired to do it."

"No. Mariah found him for me. She would never hurt you."

I shook my head. "I don't know, Liam. I don't know why he wanted to kill me, but he was going to."

He ran a hand through his hair and exhaled roughly. I didn't know what to say, but I had to say something. He wanted honesty and I was going to give it to him.

"I've been in this alone. You haven't listened to me since I came to on the flight. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said you don't respect me."

"You're being irrational."

"Don't tell me how I should or shouldn't feel. If this is how it's going to be forever, I don't want it. I can't live like that."

"Like what? You are so damn dramatic all the time and it's exhausting."

"So what if I'm being dramatic right now? I think I have a pretty good reason to be," I countered.

"I don't get you. You want me to believe that you're not crazy, but then you turn around and act crazy."

I froze for a minute. So he did think I was crazy. He didn't believe a word I said. What was he going to do when we got back to Germany? Lock me up again?

"I'm done."

"With what?"

"With you. I shouldn't have to prove anything to you. You should trust me the way I trust you, but you don't. Are you sure you even love me?"

"Of course I love you," he defended. "I left everything behind on a whim to come here with you. I left my sister, my country, just to make sure you get better."

"I think you love the idea of me."

"No, Anna, I actually hate the idea of you. Do you know how many royals have married outside of royalty? None. I'm the first one to break the system. I hate the idea of anyone breaking an ancient system because of their emotions, but I especially hate the thought of me being the first."

"That makes me feel so much better," I spat back.

"It should. I'm risking everything to be with you. Everything my parents lived and died for. What have you risked?"

"Obviously my life. Don't forget how you met me, Liam. Up until a week ago I was a servant in your house. You bought me after I was kidnapped."

"Are you going to use that forever?"

I was speechless. He still didn't get it. After everything I told him, he still didn't get it. Maybe I was being unfair. I didn't feel like I was though. I felt like I was completely justified. He still never really admitted that it was wrong to purchase people. If he had done it since he bought me, I didn't know about it.

"I don't know what to say to you anymore. We clearly do not see eye to eye on anything. How are we supposed to make a marriage work with that?"

"Anna," he tried.