5

"Anna," Liam said. I felt his hand lightly shake my arm. "We're landing."

I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. I didn't want to wake up yet.

"How long was I asleep?"

"About twelve hours. You even slept through the layover."

"Where are we?"

"Germany."

"Germany?"

"That's where I live," he said.

"Obviously."

He handed me a gray jacket. I was nervous and slightly upset to be meeting my fate but I did it silently.

"You don't sound german."

"Irish, originally."

"I'm from California."

"Is that so?"

"Hard to believe?"

"The auction house is in western New York. "

"New York?"

"Mhm. I just assumed you were from there."

I scoffed, "And none of this bothers you?"

"What?"

"The fact that I was drugged, kidnapped, and hauled across the country to be sold at auction? None of that bothers you?"

"Why should it?"

"Because you can't just do that to people! You're a prince and you have influence. Shouldn't you use that to help people?"

"I helped you, didn't I?"

"Yeah but how many other girls were there? Not everyone gets snatched up by Prince Charming," I ranted.

"So you think I'm Prince Charming?"

"I think, if that room was any representation of royals as a whole, you're about as close to Prince Charming as it gets."

"I'm not sure how to take that."

"Well, it wasn't a compliment."

"I didn't think so. Why do you care? You're the one that did get picked by someone that won't abuse you. You should be grateful."

"Grateful that you made me into a servant? That I can never have the life I wanted?"

He opened the door and left the room. I slipped on my shoes and followed him to the cabin door. He didn't acknowledge me in the least. I couldn't tell if he was angry with me or just done trying to make me see his point. Either way, I didn't care. I was right. Just because he didn't treat his servants poorly didn't mean that others were the same. He was well aware of what awaited the other girls. He wasn't naive and he didn't claim to be. He honestly believed the practice was acceptable.

The cabin door opened and I followed him down the steps. I had never put much thought into how Germany would look but the airport looked just like an American airport.

"Liam!" a high-pitched squeal broke out. I watched a little girl run from a limo into Liam's arms.

"I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too. What are you doing here?"

"Mommy said I could come if I was good."

"Is she here?"

"Nope. Just me and Donny."

I couldn't tell if she was his daughter or sister. She looked exactly like him but her blonde hair fell in tight ringlets down her back.