This is our job!

Sam lives in a small coastal town in Wales with his colleagues and friends. Ever since we knew the city, there has often been trouble here. However, firefighters are always in a hurry to rescue residents. They are the ones who rescue them from the burning buildings, climb down into the ravines for them, or rescue people from the sea. They are taken care of every single day, so they are the ordinary heroes.

Pontypandy has a nice sunny weather. Norman Norman isn't in town right now. Firefighters expect there won't be that much trouble today. After all, as we know, Norman had to be saved most of the time. There is silence at the station. Sam and Penny are in the kitchen. They're just drinking tea and talking about the new book, which they both love a lot.

-"There's a fire in the meadow!"- he sounds through the speaker. Station Officer Steele rings the bell and firefighters get up from their seats and slide down the bar. With many years of knowledge, they can almost see in the mind of their colleague and know which vehicle to go with. They put on their fire suits and rush to Jupiter.

-"We need Wallaby 2! Tell Tom!"- Sam says to his transceiver.

They can't even imagine how much fire there is in the meadow until they see it. They both stare with round eyes at the big fire in front of them. This is Ponytpandy, there's always something wrong, even if Norman isn't in town. But that was normal. They don't even understand why they didn't expect that. As they get closer they see that the fire is dangerously close to the city and spreading more and more. Penny looks at Sam in fright. The leading firefighter catches the eye of his colleague.

-"Calm down, Penny, there's nothing wrong."- Sam says calmly.

-"But what if ... is it going to happen like it did last time?" -she says, confused.

-"No, we've learned from our mistakes."- the red-haired man smiles. Arriving at the meadow, they see that Mike and Joe are there. They shout in Estonian loss.

-"Saaaam, Peeeeny! Our homemade engine is on fire!" Sam looks at them with a shocked face. Well, these are problems that are unexpected. Usually everyone learns from their mistakes, but Pontypandy residents aren't always typical. The firefighter would be leaving for Jupiter.

-"Penny! Wait! We have to use the foam, but I don't know if the hose will get there.

-"Roger that Sam! Let's use more hoses to make it longer! I'm going in!" - Penny suggests.

-"No! I don't want you to get in trouble. I'm going!" -he turns to Penny. Then Tom appears with the helicopter. The big yellow helicopter shines brightly over them. It's good to have help in the air as well, as not every city can afford to use a helicopter to fire.

-"Tom, you'll be my eye. Not to see in the thick smoke, but you can control it with the thermal camera and if there's anything wrong you can easily pull it out! And immerse the bucket full of water!" - Sam looks up.

-"Roger that Sam!"- Is the answer. Sam rushes to Jupiter. That big red fire truck is full of tools that go a long way in helping firefighters work. Penny quickly pulls out the yellow hoses and connects them to Jupiter, then connects several hoses. Meanwhile, Sam quickly picks up the respirator. Penny picks up her yellow vest and takes the electric board in her hand. Sam hands him a card, which she puts in the machine.

-"Firefighter Sam air 100%."- is heard from the machine.

-"Sam, take care of yourself!"- Penny says, handing over the hoses. Sam nods and then he and Wallaby 2 disappear into the huge smoke. The dense black smoke can be seen from afar. It's pretty scary if one doesn't know what to do at a time like this, but well the firefighters know because they've been trained to do that too.

-"A few meters from Sam and in front of you will be the source of the fire!" -Tom says.

-"All right, Tom!"- he says. Sam sees the engine. You know you can explode at any time. - "Got it, foam can come!"-Sounds the transceiver. Penny turns it on and Sam starts vaccinating. With meadows burning in a large area, Tom helps with the helicopter to extinguish. It flies over the fire and pours water on it. The fire goes to sleep and the smoke begins to dissipate.

-"The fire is out!"- Sam declares.

-"Sorry, we didn't think we were going to cause a fire again!"- Mike and Joe say sadly.

-"It's okay. But next time, check everything several times and be careful!"- Sam looks at them.

-"Thank you!" -gratitude. Penny and Sam look at each other and say at once.- " This is our job! "

Returning to the station, firefighters go to the fire chief Steele's office.

-"We're here, sir, and we'll write the report soon."- Sam enters.

-"All right, Sam!"- the commander says, a little nervously.

-"Sir, is everything okay?" - he asks, looking confused at Sam and Penny. Penny looks a scared face. They know what they made wrong.

-"Well Sam, not really! You know very well that you couldn't have gone into the smoke alone! This little mistake is also very dangerous and irresponsible!"- he says angrily.

-"We know, sir, but there was no time to call for help! And the fire spread too fast!"- Sam explains.

-"They're both excellent firefighters and I know they know their stuff but I'm afraid Fire Chief Officer Boyce isn't going to look him in the eye!"- Steele looks out the window.

-"Sir, we really ..." -Penny begins. 

-"..... I know Penny, I have no doubt about you."-the gray-haired man smiles. -"Now go and write the report!"

Later that day, Sam and Penny sit in the lounge and write the report. Over the years, they had to write a lot of reports as there was always something wrong.

-"Sam? Do you think Chief Fire Officer Boyce will be angry?"- Penny asks softly.

-"I don't think Pen. I think ...."

-"Moooooom! I don't want to go to Aunt Phyllis. No!"- She hears from the street. This is too familiar a sound.

-"Ooo, this is Norman Price. I hear he came back."- Sam stands up.

-"Yeah, but I don't think long."- Penny laughs beside Sam, looking out the window at the red-haired boy who gets in trouble most of the time.