Day 123: Thanksgiving

(1 Chronicles 16:8-10, 34 KJV) Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

(Ezra 3:11 KJV) And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

(Psalms 30:4 KJV) Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

(Psalms 35:18 KJV) I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

(Psalms 50:14 KJV) Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

(Psalms 26:7 KJV) That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

(Psalms 69:30 KJV) I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

(Psalms 92:1-3 KJV) (A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day.) It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

(Psalms 140:13 KJV) Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

(Psalms 95:2-3 KJV) Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

(Psalms 118:29 KJV) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

(Jonah 2:9 KJV) But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

(Philippians 4:6-7 KJV) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

(1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

(Colossians 3:17 KJV) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

(Matthew 15:36-37 KJV) And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

The Lord desires us to make mention of His goodness and tell of His power. He is honored by the expression of praise and thanksgiving. He says, “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me.” The people of Israel, as they journeyed through the wilderness, praised God in sacred song. The commandments and promises of the Lord were set to music, and all along the journey these were sung by the pilgrim travelers. And in Canaan, as they met at their sacred feasts, God's wonderful works were to be recounted, and grateful thanksgiving offered to His name. God desired that the whole life of His people should be a life of praise.—Christ's Object Lesson, 298, 299 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods