Chapter 17: Biana's POV

There was a sinking feeling of dread as I watched Sophie and Chase emerge from the forest. Why did I think this wasn't going to end well?

As she came closer, I noticed the brown in her eyes was returning and a couple strands of her hair were blonde.

I rushed over, "Your eyes. Your hair. It's coming back."

Sophie nodded, "I know... but, er, there's something I need to tell you..."

"What is it?" I asked, "Did something happen?"

"I want to leave to Order."

The color drained from my face. "What?" I whispered.

Sophie looked down at her feet, "I just... I was stupid for running away in the first place. I regret doing it. I don't really understand why I even thought of doing it."

"Is it because of me?" I asked, "Because it's not your special thing anymore?"

Sophie's eyes widened. "No! No! Of course not! I just feel... homesick. I want to leave this stupid place."

"What about you, Chase?" I turned to the blonde girl, "Are you leaving too?"

Chase bit her lip and nodded, "I want to be with Sophie."

I felt like a knife stabbed me in the heart. Great. She had a new best friend now...

"Biana, I know what your thinking," Chase said, looking me in the eye, "It's not like that. You're still her best friend. We're just...er..."

They both glanced down at their hands, which were holding on to the others. I glanced down too.

"Ohh." I sighed with a laugh, "My bad-but I'm happy for you both!"

They smiled in relief.

"I don't want to leave the Order-yet," I explained, "I'll just ask for an assignment in the Lost Cities or something."

Sophie nodded. "I understand. I should probably talk to the others..." her voice trailed off and she left me and Chase to find our other friends.

We were silent for a moment before I finally said, "I ship it, by the way," Just as the others were coming over. I smirked as Chase blushed.

"I need to talk to you... all of you." Sophie began, starting the very long story all over again.

A/N:

I'm sorry I'm so annoying updating rn. But I REALLLYYYYYY wanna finish this soon.

Have an amazing day!

-Hemispherical Turtle