THIRTY SIX - LOVE LOST

Azure took in a deep sigh as she looked at herself in the mirror - placing the final touches on her lengthy tresses

         Azure took in a deep sigh as she looked at herself in the mirror - placing the final touches on her lengthy tresses. Her curls fell effortlessly over her shoulders, the diamond hair accessories giving it an elegant look.

It was the day of her Father's wedding, and while she wanted to be happy for him - she couldn't help but feel as though he was marrying the wrong woman. Sure, she didn't know his soon to be wife and her soon to be stepmother that well - but she did know her Father.

He didn't look like he was in love. Instead, he looked as if he was settling in order to fill the void of being alone for the first time in twenty five years.

Azure fought with the idea that she also didn't want her father to marry Claire because then she would forever be connected to Diamond aka Juicy - her old college rival and Nico's ex - entanglement.

Surprisingly over the past few months, Diamond didn't cause any drama in Azure's life. When she visited her father, Diamond was always out and about with a new man - thankfully, not worrying about Nico.

Still, something about their family rubbed Azure the wrong way. Either way, she put aside her differences and finished getting ready for the special day ahead.

"Mhhhmm, damn you look good. We might fuck around and not make it to the wedding." Nico smirked seductively, straightening his tie in the mirror.

Azure ran her manicured fingers over his shoulders, "You clean up just as nice, if I do say so myself" she giggled, "Let's go. We're on time for the first time ever."

"Aiight. You sure ya pops know that the kids aren't coming?" Nico asked.

"Well he'll know when we get there" she said, grabbing her rhinestone clutch off the bed, "I just want a calm...fun day. No kids."

He chuckled, "Fun Huh? I wouldn't say having Diamond as a relative is fun. More like weird."

"Very weird."

The two shared a laugh, next making their way out of the room to grab the kids. Lacey had agreed to watch them for the night, giving the couple a break from the constant chaos of raising three kids under seven.

After rushing out of the house, it didn't take long to make it to Lacey's as the early morning streets were clear of any usual traffic.

"Is she awake?" Nico asked after knocking on the door a second time.

Azure picked up the mat, finding the spare key beneath and letting them into her mother's quiet home. While Lacey was usually a morning person, it seemed as though today she just wasn't up to it. No smell of her favorite autumn fire candle burning or even breakfast - no the sound of cartoons already playing for the kids - it was silent.

"Mom!" Azure shouted, beginning to climb the stairs.

She began to grow worried, picking up the pace as she headed straight to the master bedroom.