THIRTY FOUR - DOWN HILL

"Have a good night Tish, see you tomorrow

"Have a good night Tish, see you tomorrow." Marley gave the receptionist a wave as she sauntered out of the third floor unit.

After pulling a double at work she was exhausted. Usually, she would be thrilled to be off and on her way home but lately the four walls she occupied felt nothing like the sort.

It had been almost two months since her world crashed down; Finding out about her husband's infidelity was the ultimate heartbreak and a day didn't pass that she wasn't reminded of it. That was what she hated the most. All her life she identified as a strong woman, one who wasn't privileged and had been through obstacles that made her resilient.

But this hurt felt different, and instead of it getting better, each day felt worse than the last.

The fact that she was pregnant definitely contributed to that. Her emotions were all over the place and this time she didn't have Ron for support, although he begged to be there.

Marley refused the idea; Ron had chosen the life he wanted to live and she would let him live it - without her.

"I swear, with the cravings you're giving me it will take forever to snap back." she said, looking down at her belly that finally began to show.

She wasn't usually a big lover of fast food, but baby number three had her making constant runs to any joint in town to grab anything on the menu that would satisfy her crave for salt. After running to Wendy's and grabbing dinner for her and the kids, Marley headed straight home.

She was happy to have her boys to look forward to at the end of a long work day since they always could bring a smile to her face, even though they were also missing their father. Breaking the news to them that daddy would no longer be living with them was a challenge, but after two months they were finally getting adjusted to it.

Micah on the other hand had the hardest transition, however Marley was just glad that he didn't begin fighting once more. His relationship with Ron was strained to say the least - he even quit boxing just so he didn't have to be around him. That alone kilt Ron, but he knew that there was nothing he could do or say to get him or Marley to forgive him at that point.

Pulling up to the house, she furrowed her brows at the sight of Ron's car parked in the driveway. Any happiness she was feeling quickly diminished as she hurried out of her car and to her front door.

"Me next, daddy!" Nile shouted, jumping up and down as Ron playfully swung Haji through the air.

"Aiight, come on. You two gon wear me...out." Ron looked up just as Marley entered the house - her expression speaking before she could, "Marley —"

"What are you doing here?" She rolled her eyes.

"I was in the neighborhood." He shrugged.

Marley placed her purse down along with the food, "Yeah well try to be in the neighborhood on your days only. Boys, go change into your pj's before dinner."