TWENTY NINE - LOVE IN ITS PUREST FORM

"Alright sir, it was nice meeting you

"Alright sir, it was nice meeting you. You should be hearing from me early next week with a decision."

K-Dot shook the hand of the interviewee in front of him, plastering a polite smile on his face. The man nodded and thanked him for his time, next exiting the office and leaving a stressed K-Dot to himself.

He ran his hands over his face and took a much needed deep breath. It had been almost a week since Cyan's party, and within that time he and Armani had barely spoken two words to each other if it didn't have anything to do with the kids. He wasn't sure where he went wrong, but he went from a loving marriage to one that got worse with each day that passed.

Sure, he could blame himself and put everything on his back. And most of the time he did just that. Hell, he wasn't perfect - but neither was Armani; Her hand had been in the pot stirring just as much as his. He went from begging for her forgiveness, to trying therapy, and in the end nothing made her happy.

That's when he figured it had to be deeper than him - but he wasn't equipped to find out what that deeper thing was. Instead, he decided to take the alone time to focus on himself and his kids and hoped that things would fall back into place eventually

K-Dot checked his phone and spotted that it was just the time for lunch. His stomach was already growling, so he decided to step out on the rainy day for a meal. If anything was going right in his life, it was his business. Once he got rid of Renee, he was thankfully able to find a replacement who was actually qualified.

Jonathan had everything running smoothly from shop to shop and it gave K-Dot the ability to focus on elevating the business and catching all of the small details that would've slipped right under him before. He was at least grateful for that.

"If anybody calls, I'm out to lunch." said K-Dot as he exited his office.

The workers nodded, and he grabbed his jacket before exiting the building. A light drizzle of rain fell from the sky causing him to throw his hood over his head. He wasn't sure where he wanted to grab something to eat at - but with so much on his mind he decided to take a walk and find out.

Germantown had a few soul food and Chinese spots, and hell of a lot of papi stores like every other hood. But he didn't have a taste for that. He turned the corner of the block, and his eyes shot up at the halal truck lit up on the side of the curb.

There was nothing like a good ol' Halal platter, and he could smell the hot food from where he stood. Even in the rain the cook had a line but K-Dot didn't mind. He waited patiently for his turn, and as he did he couldn't help but to think about Armani's first day at his shop years ago.

"K-Dot, that man is not spanish." She laughed.
"Man they all Papi's to me." K-Dot shrugged.

He chuckled to himself as he could imagine a young Armani shaking her head at him. Back in those days he had been eyeing Armani for quite some time, but he didn't want to make his move with his best friend's sister.