Chapter 4: Take A Hint

Start from the beginning

          The bitter taste, the lack of sugar, invades me tastebud and I nearly scrunch my face up in disgust. I don't like bitter coffees. Not a big fan of it. But for the sake of her benefit, I force a smile and take a sip more. And the coffee burns my tongue and throat. Wrong move. And much to my disgrace, she has put a lot of coffee and less creamer. I gently place the coffee in the sink and quickly pour myself a water to ease the burning feeling in my tongue and throat. As soon as the water hits them both, it immediately relaxes and takes the pain away. Sighing, I peck her on the cheek, tell her I need to go, and ride in my car, then I drive, going to the police station.

          When I get there, the police station isn't packed. There are teenagers, who are in a handcuffs, their mothers shouting at them. The teenagers are just looking down at their feet, shame and guilt evident on their faces. Teenagers nowadays are so reckless and taking the 'YOLO' quote so seriously. Shaking my head, Officer Geraldin salutes me and I salute back.

          "Donovan," Officer Geraldin greets me, smiling. "Good thing you're now here. There's a report about the robery in the LandBank near the public of hospital of Johanes. I need you with me. We will inspect the crime, check for the CCTVs, they might have caught the face of the suspect. C'mon."

          "Can't I take a break?" I plead, sighing as I look at him helplessly. Officer Geraldin lets out a chuckle as he shakes his head.

          "We can't take a break, Donovan." He states, merely nodding. "This is our job. And our job is always to be alert and ready. Anywhere, everywhere. This is what policemen do."

          "Those teenagers, what they have done?" I ask him, jerking my chin at the direction of the teenagers.

          "Ah, those lads," he says, shrugging. "They were in a party. Caught having drugs. Now they are here."

          "Teenagers," I say helplessly. "I just hope my Brad won't end up like them."

          "He might,"

          "He won't. I'll make sure of that." I state surely.

          I won't let Brad ending up like the hopeless, so reckless teenagers nowadays. I'll teach him the good and bad, the difference between them, how to be a gentleman. I'm making sure of that. Brad is young, and he needs to learn a lot of things, but not now. As long as he's in my side, I will never let bad things influence him. I will never let anyone harm him.

          Officer Geraldin pats me on the back reassuringly and leads me to a police car. I get in the passenger seat and Officer Geraldin takes a seat in the driver's seat. He puts the key in the ignition and the police car roars to life, the engine roaring as the blue and red lights placed on top of the car lighten up. We drive off.

          When we reach the LandBank, it's a complete mess. Some windows are broken, pieces clattered on the ground. We walk inside the bank and inspect. People inside seem traumatized they can't move, and they keep looking at their left and right, as if in any moment, someone might attack them. Nobody seems hurt, but they are mentally breaking down. Criminals. God, I hate those bitches.

          If they want to get rich, or their family to have what they want and need, they must do it in a right way. Get a work, work hard, and earn money. It's just simple. They don't need to do these things just to have a money. Karma will get them someday.

          Officer Geraldin and I inspect the whole area, looking for something, an evidence that might lead us to the suspect. We keep searching and searching, but the criminals are kind of expert when it comes to not leaving any trail. They just don't know how to do their business clean. Assholes.

          We check the CCTVs of the area that surrounds the LandBank. The security guard lets us in a room, where the records of CCTVs are placed. He starts tapping the keyboard, looking for the records, then he clicks something, and a video pops out. It's before the robery.

          Four men, dressed in all black, a black mask covering his face, entered the bank, a gun on their faces. Two people, also in black, were a lookout. We check the other CCTV records and found out that they were 15 people. They must be in a frat or in a gang. Officer Geraldin walks away and I follow him. He asks the people who have witnessed the scene if they've noticed or seen their faces.

          After the interview of the people, we get in the car and drive back to the police station.

+++

          Groaning, I enter the house, my shoulders down, exhausted because of the work. My whole body is drained, out of energy. My eyes are drooping, that's when Brad screams and my protecting instinct breaks out of me, and I run.

          A large body collides on me, and the impact makes me fall, the intruder on top of me. I almost let out a moan when the intruder's teeth accidentally land on my neck, and a pleasure shoots through my whole body, sparking. My eyes shut from the pleasure. Another scream, but it's muffled, my mind not processing it. The body on top of me moves and my private part inside my pants twitches, having a life on its own. When I open my eyes...

          Mike is looking at me intently.

**********

Word count: 1,651.
D&T: January 3, 2015, 2:39PM.

Sorry for not uploading this chapter early. I've been busy these past few days, you know why, because of Christmas day (I've cooked lots of food!), and New Year. And those days were the 'rest' for me.

So, I hope you liked this chapter. I have tried my best to make this chapter more interesting, especially the last part. Yie. Hahaha. Okay. Bye.