Chapter 23: Our Hearts In Pain

Chapter 23
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Our Hearts In Pain

Eros has been ignoring me since the day we made love. He has completely blocked me. We are in the same house but we're basically ghost to each other. I have tried talking to him, but so far, no progressed. So I gave up. He would come home late than usual, and would go to work early than the sun would rise. Brad has been asking questions about his mother, which I do not know the answers. Every time I would see Brad's pained expression, my heart would clench at the sight. I can't bear him getting hurt because of this mess we have experiencing. He is just a kid. He should not be facing these types of problems in his life. Or ever. As long as he's still a kid.

So I busy myself with school works.

It might not be the best alternative way to distract myself, but it's the best remedy as of now from the pain I've been feeling ever since Eros has been a dick. He can't even look in my eyes as we pass each other on the hallway, or in the kitchen, or in every part of the house. He would just pass by at me like I'm a wind or something that cannot be seen. And every time he does that, I just want to go on the corner, curl up myself like a ball, cry and beg for him to notice me. Because I've been doing my best to catch his attention. Eros always has a blank expression plastered on his face, and it hurts me to see he's not showing any expression. I don't know what he's thinking, what's running into his mind.

He has isolated himself, locked up in a jail he made for himself. The difference is, he can freely do whatever that he wants, it's the feeling he's been ignoring.

It really hurts me to see him like this. It's my fault that he became like that. Sighing, I pull out my cellphone and see I have a text from Ezerette. It really us Ezerette. Not Everette. I flush as I remember Eros' words he had thrown at me. He was right. I was the one Ezerette facing when he was talking to me yet I did not hear him right. Ezerette says he wants to meet me. It might help me to unwine, brush things off my mind for awhile. I need a little break from all the full of stress problems I have been facing.

Not to mention the unknown bastard who keeps texting me. The unknown sender keeps calling me fag, and Eros, too. But I do not bother. I don't want to tell Eros about this, because he has his own things to deal with. So I need to deal with this on my own. I am a man.

I grab my wallet inside the drawer and also the key that is hooked on the wall. I head downstairs and into the garage, where my car is waiting for me. I climb into the driver's seat, put the key in the ignition, and the car roars to life as it hums a soft broom of the engines and I pull out of the driveway. Ezerette said he could meet me up at Starbuck, from the place we met 2nd time. I keep my eyes glued to the road. I don't want to die in a brutal way. But my brain has other plans. It's showing me negative things. Eros. Tiffany. Mum. I grip the steering wheel so hard my hands are starting to turn white but I calm myself down. It won't do good on me.

After minutes of driving, I am now parking at the side of the road and turn off the engine as I climb out of the car. I head inside the Starbucks. When the bell chimes, some people give a glance at my direction, some just ignore me and keep chattering with their friends. I head over the counter and order two Caramel frap, since I know Ezerette is already here. The lady asks for my name and my friend's name so I give it to her. As I wait for my order, my eyes scan the whole store. It's one of the typical Starbucks store. Wood floor, the walls are painted with light brown and some walls have designs of coffees and breads, drawn with different colors of chalk. The sack of coffee beans is lying on the ground, facing the window as a display. In no time, the lady calls out for my attention and hands me two of my orders. I take a look at it and immediately frown as I see the names written on the bottom of the cup. Everette and Mayk. I have never been informed that my name has a different spelling now. And it adds to my annoyance that I see Everette and not Ezerette. Gah, Starbucks and their lame market strategy.

Heading to our usual table, I find Ezerette in our spot, scrolling through the timeline of his Facebook account, liking and commenting on some status of his friends. As soon as I take a seat across from him, he looks up and gives me a grin as he puts back his cellphone inside his pocket.

"So what's up?" I say as I put the two Caramel frap on the table and give him a smile that shows a lot of teeth. He chuckles.

"Nothing," he says, still chuckling, his body shaking as he does so. "Someone at my house is being a bitch and stubborn and I have to take a break from his mini tantrums." I'm guessing that it's his brother.

"I feel ya," I chortle, taking a sip of my frap. "Someone at my house is being a dick, too, and I have to take a break. Good thing you invited me here with you. It would help me relax my mind even just for a while."
"No problem, Mickey."

Ezerette is the only person who calls me by my full name. At first, it irritated me because I did not want to be called by my full name, but he's stubborn, and eventually, I got used to it so I don't mind it anymore. Turns out, Ezerette is kind of a bitch, too, but in a good way. He always makes me laugh with his witty comments and structures of his statements.

"It really affects you," Ezerette says out of blue, which makes me look up at him. When my eyes meet his light blue eyes, I feel like my soul can be seen. I just shrug. "I've been in that place before,"

Huh?

I have told Ezerette about me finding out my sexual orientation and he just shrugged and didn't comment about it. He's always stuck with me. He said that he is always free because someone doesn't want him to work. I figured out that he always uses the word 'someone' and so far, I still don't know who is that person.

"Oh hush," he says as he rolls his eyes dramatically at me for my confused expression. "Men are always like that. Trust me. I was once straight, duh." What a shocking revelation. That revelation reflects at my eyes and Ezerette laughs. I thought he was straight! No wonder he has made that comment at the park, and the thought of it makes me blush because he called me cute at that time.

"What?" He feigns innocence. I mumble a jerk because he knows what I was thinking. "Anyways, back to the story. At first, I was straight. You know what common straight guys do, right? They screw and leave you after they have used you. So, that did happen to me. And it did happen to you, am I right, Mickey?" My mouth hangs open. I am not a talking person, and I did not reveal my sex life at him. So how did he know? He gives me a smirk, like he has known he hit the best part. I nod slowly, feeling a pain inside my chest.
"Yes, they do that. Always. But unfortunately, my husband realized that I was right for him." He chuckles as his eyes crinkle a little. My eyes widen again and I think I have spewed some of my frap all over the table because Ezerette laughs real hard at my reaction. "Didn't expect that, Mickey? Well, at first he was a cold bastard. That someone is, yeah, my freaking husband. So possessive. Hmmm..." His eyes have a dreamy orbs as he thinks of the memories of him and his (coughs) husband. "He was cold, because I did something that changed our lives. It was in the history. A lot has happened. Eventually we got together and bam, we're considering having kids by adopting."

"How long have you guys been together?" I ask, looking at him and waiting for his answer.
"Two years ago? It's been so long, so yeah, two years ago."

"Wow," I mumble aloud. Ezerette gives me a grin. "Was it rough? I mean, you said earlier that you were once straight. So I'm guessing you've had a lot to deal with."

"Yes, yes," he agrees, nodding as he takes a first sip of his frappe. He looks at the cup and makes an approving nod, a gesture that says he likes the taste of the Caramel frappe. "It was hell back then. Everything was messed up because I had made a huge lie the world has ever believed in. I don't know if you're a big fan of news or not, but it had reached TVs and radios. Media."

"That worse?"

"Uhuh," he huffs and laughs. "Now, don't bother him." I thought he was talking about his husband, but I realize that he's referring to Eros. "Eventually, he'll come."

I doubt that.

Eros wants to be straight as he used to before before I came into his life. And as for me, I have to deal with my new found sexuality, deciding that I'll continue to write letters. And I'll keep hoping that my Future Lover For Forever, or The One, will come eventually. And I'll gladly embrace him or her in my arms.

I decide that I'll move on now. I'm not going to look back. I'm not going to beg Eros. I'll leave him behind. I'll get used to it.

I'll find my soon-to-be lover someday.