Matriculation Day

Dedicating this chapter to Donaldprince Check out his recent novel Before Matric. And to FavvyJ check her out.

Don't forget to vote on this chapter and comment.

***

THE DAY dawned. Lee woke up to see a text message from Mercy, informing him that she was going to be at the lecturer's office. Walking out of Mercy the day before, he had gone straight to his dormitory to sleep. Sleeping served as a therapy to get his mind off the hurt he felt. But whatever he was feeling wasn't enough reason to ignore the message of who he would like to call his best friend. Mercy was going to be carrying out her plans against the lecturer and technically it was a dicey plan. What if the lecturer finds out about her phone? She was going to be in trouble. There was need for a plan B. Lee jumped out of his bunk bed, hurriedly freshened up and rushed out of the room. 

"Guy where you dey rush go?" One of his roommates asked in pidgin, but he was gone. 

Lee hastily moved to the security officers at the gate. There were two of them on duty. One was six feet tall while the other, who looked older, was around five feet. Lee greeted them when he got there. 

"Ehhe, how you dey?" They didn't sound particularly friendly. 

"Sir, please I need your help." Lee said, panting. He was exhausted from running. 

"How may we help you? The older one asked. 

"I just need one of you to follow me. A girl is in trouble."

"Yellow, wetin you dey talk? Talk well." The taller one asked in pidgin. 

"I said a female student of this school is in trouble with a male lecturer. He wants to sleep with her. So I'm begging one of you to follow me to his office to we can save her." Lee said more audibly. 

"How you take know?" asked the taller one. 

"She told me. Please let's just hurry." Lee said impatiently. He felt like he had wasted enough time.

The two security officers exchanged looks before the taller one decided to follow Lee to the lecturer's office. They both moved quickly, Lee leading the way. When they got to the front of the office, Lee expected to hear sounds from inside but he heard nothing. He began to doubt if Mercy was actually in the office as he had thought. 

"You sure say anything dey happen for this office?" The security officer asked and he was answered by what sounded like a slap from inside.

"Did you hear that?" Lee asked, widening his eyes. 

As the security officer was going to open the door, Lee stopped him and told him to wait. Lee took out his phone and turned on the video camera. He wanted to get the scene shot — even if it's just a tiny part of it. He put the phone before him and opened the office door slowly. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked. Foolish man, he thought. His phone got into the office before he did. The security officer followed and the instant he entered, he shouted and it was at that instant Mr Adigwe jumped out of Mercy. 

Mr Adigwe was aflame with embarrassment. He awkwardly buckled his belt as he asked, "What are you both doing in my office?" He forced himself to sound unfazed. 

Lee made sure to capture his face before he stopped video recording and then moved to Mercy to help her up. She was sobbing. 

"Oga so na wetin you dey do with all this small girls for this school?" The security officer asked. "We don catch you today. You go know wetin we dey do here when we report this to the school authority."