Part 24 MERMAID

This chapter is dedicated to Mimi! I appreciate all your genuine help and support on my first awkward lesbian novels. Thank you for having been my amazing proofreader

Part 2

My palms are sweating when I reach for the door frame. I hug myself, holding my forearms tightly as if I'm cold or going to fall into pieces. A quick, ginger look at the room. Uneasiness is filling me up to the rims. "You are not expecting them to have wild sex on the floor, aren't you?" my inner voice is nagging me again: it's hard to say how long the humans were left alone at a time when Juni in her typical 'friendly' manner was ruthlessly comforting me.

I secretly relax when watching quite an idyllic scene: Sylvester is sitting cross legged on the floor (and not on Her!) with his back to me. He's throwing some broken parts of a wooden box into a small fireplace. The flame is not beautifully roaring like on human Christmas Eve and doesn't give any light or warmth, but somehow creates cozy, homelike imitation.

Marina with a mouthful of rusks is perching on the edge of the table beside him (I'm sure we used to have at least one chair...). Her cheeks are rosy, and the posture is more vigorous. A jam jar is clenched between her thighs, and she's tasting its crimson contents absently, using her index finger as a spoon, slowly dibbing it into the jar and putting it back into her mouth. The girl licks the very tip of her finger with her pretty pungent tongue, sucking on it a little.

I gulp.

I'm sure I'm gonna die just right now if she doesn't stop it or... or I could easily undertake a desperate tear and lick off the rest of this damn jam from her velvet fingers and petal lips...and, possibly, scare her away from me forever. Is it what you want? What is going on with me? I don't even like human food, but on her lips it looks tasty. How can Marina be so innocent and hot at the same time? "Girls who don't understand their own beauty are the most attractive," I remember Alex saying that once, "and the easiest to toy with," he would add, sneering slyly.

Ahh, let this sweet torture never end, but she notices me and puts the jar aside, quickly licking her lips and wiping them with the back side of her palm.

I wink and wake up from my dreamy state of mind. I'm just now noticing that something has just happened to the interior.

"Oh, I see you've cleaned up a bit! Well done!" says Juni with some satisfied hints in her voice; the boy is smiling at her like a village idiot or a good mommy's boy.... yuck!

Cleaned up? Geeez! If all this mess is a tidy room than I wonder what the one was before I came in?

"How are you? Are you feeling better?" Juni is patting Marina's shoulder; Sylvester is immediately darting his look at me, but I throw a spiteful smile back at him. The dryad can do whatever she wants to: the only rival here is you, stupid human boy!

"Much better," she gives Juni a soft, crooked smile, fluttering her butterfly eyelashes.

"What the... what has happened?" I wonder, legging over the broken drawer.

Sylvester is standing up from the floor, "You've missed all fun, mermaid. We met a ghost..."

"I don't care what you met. I wasn't asking you, human," I don't give him a chance to finish.

"You'd better practice all your water powers and super bitch energy on real enemies," he says as if indifferently, but his fists are clenched.

"The lighthouse ghost is not my enemy," I step closer with my arms akimbo. He doesn't move, looking straight into my eyes. Fat chance to intimidate me, boy!

Watching out of the tail of my eye, I see that Marina is twigging me with this expression again. My heart melts, and I forget about his presence, for I want to save it right away, to photograph it with my eyes and hide it in my memory wards forever, but she averts her eyes, looking out the window (more likely being sick and tired of my behaviour).